Help me understand Chp 13 pmts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand Chp 13 pmts

I see once you file, you need to start making pmts within 30 days, but your creditors have 60 or 90 days to file a claim. So who are your payments being disbursed to during that "time to claim" period. Do all your cerdits get pmts at first and then if they don't complete the claim, pmts stop going to them. I'm lost.....
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Your first payment is due 30 days after filing and continue monthly thereafter accumulating with the Trustee until after your plan confirmation hearing when that amount is then disbursed by the Trustee accordingly to your priority, secured and unsecured creditors.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Added word

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

As Flamingo wrote, the payments go to the Trustee. The Trustee holds the money and is actually allowed to start disbursing to Secured Creditors -- who have filed an allowed secured claim -- prior to Confirmation.

Unsecured creditors are not paid until after Confirmation and only after they've filed an allowed unsecured claim.

Think of the Trustee as an Escrow Agent.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

AHHHHHHH Thanks!! That's make perfect sense.
        Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X