Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this?

________Debtor(s)________/
    NOTICE TO TRANSFEROR OF FILING OF TRANSFER OF CLAIM (S)
    TO: FIA Card Services aka Bank of America
    Pursuant to Fed. R. Bankr. P. 3001(e)(2), you are hereby advised that a Transfer of Claim(s) has been filed in this
    Court by eCAST Settlement Corp , regarding Claim Number(s) 5 in the sum of $XX,XXX.XX filed by FIA Card
    Services aka Bank of America .
    If an objection is not filed within 20 days of the mailing of this notice, the Transferee shall be substituted for the
    Transferor.

My plan was confirmed in July. What are they trying to do?

E Cast settlement is a company which buys debt from major credit card companies.
    Check to see if the amounts are identical to what your balance is with BOA.
    I did not file an objection, and the Trustee sent my payments to E CAST.
    Call your atty if you have any questions.
    CH 13 OLD LAW
    10/14/05
    Closed completed
    Final accounting 04/2009

Comment

I am in 0% payback on my credit cards. Makes me wonder what they are up to.Also, I filed pro se.
      Last edited by hughg; 12-06-2008, 05:39 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

If you have a confirmed plan you have no problem or worries. PACER can give you ulcers as to every little thing and that is why we never utilized it. The attorney and trustee handle everything and you would not even know this was going on and would have nothing to worry about as they would handle it. If it bothers you, consult your attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Well Flamingo, he says he's pro se. I also got notices like that as well as one who wished to be added to my matrix. As Flamingo said, it is really nothing to worry about. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by hughg View Post
            I am in 0% payback on my credit cards. Makes me wonder what they are up to.Also, I filed pro se.
            Doesn't matter. You may end up in a 100% plan. You never know, and they never know over your 3 to 5 years. So, they make sure they are "in line" in case something is given to them.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Well Flamingo, he says he's pro se. I also got notices like that as well as one who wished to be added to my matrix. As Flamingo said, it is really nothing to worry about. 'Hub
              Sorry - did not know he was pro se...missed that (lack of morning coffee I guess). I would never file a Chapter 13 pro se after going through one. Still, it is probably nothing to worry about as his plan is confirmed.
              Last edited by Flamingo; 12-06-2008, 05:47 AM. Reason: Added words

Comment

Also, please be aware that in addition to defaulted debt that is sold to JDB's (like e-cast); there is a large market in DISCHARGED BK'ed debt.

Most of us think "Huh???" But, apparently in the last decade or so this has become common practice. See this link below for an example:

The JDB's are banking on you, the discharged debtor, backing down to their collection attempts years after your discharge.

So, why would E-cast buy your BK debt with zero pay back? Because they plan on turning it into an asset later by trying to collect it. I, for one, will not make it easy on any of them, they will not get a dime from me. That is why I say sanctions must be used to keep the CA's at bay. The CA's are banking (pun intended) on our ignorance of the BK law.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

StartingOver08 makes an excellent point. When one gets their discharge, keep it in a safe place along with all your BK filing information and creditor matrix. A discharged creditor cannot come after you for the discharged debt, including places like eCAST who purchase that debt. If they come after you, you are armed with your discharge. They are banking on someone not doing their homework as to their situation and may try to collect.
                  Last edited by Flamingo; 12-06-2008, 06:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                    That is why I say sanctions must be used to keep the CA's at bay.
                    You're stealing my thunder!!!!

I thought that I was the biggest proponent of Sanctions on this board. LOL!

I am adamant that Motions to Show Cause and Motions for Sanctinos are not used enough.

Theses predatory claims traffickers need to be held accountable. I'm glad that my Judge called e-Cast to the table sua sponte (on the Court's own desire) to answer to a BUNCH of Claims violations! These Judges need to continue to pressure these claims traffickers.

The claims business is scary.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      You're stealing my thunder!!!!

I thought that I was the biggest proponent of Sanctions on this board. LOL!

I am adamant that Motions to Show Cause and Motions for Sanctinos are not used enough.

Theses predatory claims traffickers need to be held accountable. I'm glad that my Judge called e-Cast to the table sua sponte (on the Court's own desire) to answer to a BUNCH of Claims violations! These Judges need to continue to pressure these claims traffickers.

The claims business is scary.
                      JustBroke, I never knew that JDB's bought up discharged debt until I found myself in this situation and starting researching my rights as a consumer.
                      Hopefully, more people will hear you (and me) and start to make the CA's perform as they are legally obligated to perform.

The way the debt business is run now is scares the living daylights out of me!
                      Look at all the 30%+ interest rates etc...we have become nothing but indentured servants to the creditors. Couple that with the fact that creditors ignore the BK laws ...the entire situation is amazingly harsh. Most of us don't get the seriousness of this combination until we find ourselves here.
                      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                        JustBroke, I never knew that JDB's bought up discharged debt until I found myself in this situation and starting researching my rights as a consumer.
                        Hopefully, more people will hear you (and me) and start to make the CA's perform as they are legally obligated to perform.

The way the debt business is run now is scares the living daylights out of me!
                        Look at all the 30%+ interest rates etc...we have become nothing but indentured servants to the creditors. Couple that with the fact that creditors ignore the BK laws ...the entire situation is amazingly harsh. Most of us don't get the seriousness of this combination until we find ourselves here.
                        One this I'll say for pro se... I can go to court without paying a lawyer for these types of motions.

Most people are turned off by the fact that their lawyer, post-discharge and close, is going to charge them $200+ an hour to litigate a Motion to Show Cause and for Sanctions. If sanctions aren't granted... oops, you now owe thousands to your lawyer. I'm sure the lawyers says "it's not worth it".

I've seen some lawyers get sanctions approved and charge thousands of dollars in litigation costs (which are rightfully deemed actual damages and the defendant/creditor has to pay them).

Comment

LOL I will make 100 copies of my final discharge notice.

So they call these debts ZOMBIE DEBTS
                          CH 13 OLD LAW
                          10/14/05
                          Closed completed
                          Final accounting 04/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X