• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Received Bonus

Quick facts:
    -I'm a Confirmed chapter 13
    -State of Texas

I have a letter from the TTEE saying I need to let them know if a bonus over $2,000 is received.

I contacted my ATTY to let him know, and he told me to not report it.

What do I do? I do not want to jeopardize my case!

Any advice, wisdome, experience is appreciated!

Thanks!

I'd listen to the trustee, not the attorney. It's not the attorney's butt that would wind up in jail; it's yours. Why would your attorney advise you to disobey a trustee's order? Did you ask him that?

Comment

Comply with all requests during your Chapter 13.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

You both echoed my thoughts exactly.

I called the trustee, they told me that it was up to the attorney if he wanted to file a modification.

What????

I feel like I have a letter saying "give me your money" but when I speak with someone they don't seem to want it.

Really, I just want to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wonkettegirl View Post
          I'd listen to the trustee, not the attorney. It's not the attorney's butt that would wind up in jail; it's yours. Why would your attorney advise you to disobey a trustee's order? Did you ask him that?
          I was told that the trustees usually don't go back and review the cases and they would never know.

Problem is, I am filing a monthly operating expense report every month, when is signed under the penalty of perjury.

Comment

Are attorney told us to keep ours as well. Now that wife lost her job and we are going to try and convert to a 7, I wonder if the trustee will say anything.

Comment

See, lockedout, that's exactly the kind of thing I worry about. The last thing I want is some relatively small amount messing up the really big amounts, you know what I mean?

Comment

Id still say to send it in because the Order says to notify the trustee. If the trustee doesn't want to modify, the trustee won't modify (and it sounds like the trustee won't). But if further down teh road the trustee takes a close look, sees the bonus, and finds out that you didn't notify, you could be in real trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by PoGirl View Post
                  I called the trustee, they told me that it was up to the attorney if he wanted to file a modification....Really, I just want to do the right thing.
                  You notified your trustee about the bonus as requested, so you've already done the right thing. Just keep a notarized record of the call, who you spoke with, the conversation as well as you can remember it, and the date/time in your personal records and send a copy to your lawyer as well.
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget