When are you discharged in a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are you discharged in a 13?

So I'm a little confused about this process. I was confirmed a month ago and now I'm confused as to when I will be discgarged? My attorney's assistant said that I wont be discharged until after my final payment after 5 years? I hear on this forums many people being discharged only months after being confirmed. Can anyone shed some light on this for me...thanks again.

In a Chapter 13, you are discharged between 36 and 60 months from filing.

What you are hearing on this board, are the Chapter 7 folks who get discharged much quicker, as it's a liquidation not a reorganization plan (as it is in a Chapter 13).

Yes, we Chapter 13 folks are jealous, but we get to keep more of our toys and property in a Chapter 13.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You will receive your Chapter 13 discharge approximately two to three months after your last Plan payment. Your Trustee, at that time, should send you a letter that your last payment was received and what will take place over the next few months as your Plan is closed out.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X