Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens after confirmation

Hello everyone,

I was so prepared when I met with my attorney because of all the excellent information and advice I have recieved from this site.

My question is after confirmation how much contact do you have with the trustee? does he ask for paystubs here and there tax returns each year you file? or do they just leave you alone

Thanks again

If your trustee wants tax returns, this should be made clear to you at your 341 meeting. We were given a pamphlet with instructions on how to send in payments if we had been sending them in ourselves. And what to expect after bk was over and such.
    We had pratically no contact with our trustee after filing. She, then he, sent out a statement once a year showing where the monies had been applied and what remained.
    I did call a few times because payments were not showing up on the trustee website, just to make sure that they knew the payment was still being auto debited and I had nothing to do with it not showing up. Then near the end I called to ask why all the money in my acct didn't get disbursed that month( turned out I was done with my base plan earlier than I thought it would be). Other than that, no contact whatsover.
    Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
    Plan approved- 7/11/05
    Date discharged--10-12-2007
    Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

We're almost three years into our plan and our experiences have been identical to Arkie's. If your trustee wants something from you, he/she will provide that in writing before or during your 341. Your lawyer will also know what your assigned trustee will want.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This was the question I had, too. Mostly because we got a lot more back on our taxes this year and it was totally unexpected. The trustee at the 341 only asked if we had filed 08 yet and if we were expecting anything back, same as he asked everyone else. No mention of sending him anything or providing anything to him at any time in the future. We didn't receive any paperwork either other than what we initially received before the 341 on where to send payments and how much and what else was needed before the 341 took place. The attorney said that since we agreed on a higher payment, it was a done deal. And we asked our attorney again, well what if our stocks went sky high, or anything like that, what was expected and our attorney said he wanted us to take him out to lunch...lol..... but he said anything other than maybe winning a major lotto and being out there on television visible to the world, there was nothing the trustee wanted other than timely payments. So I would have assumed if the trustee wanted anything, he would have said so, especially since we hadn't filed taxes yet for this year. When the lady that went before us answered about if she thought she's get anything back, she said hopefully $2500 and she laughed and the trustee didn't say a thing. So I'm thinking the attorney was right and we are good to go.
        Last edited by goldnsun; 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

You will be given instructions by your attorney and also information/instructions from your trustee. If you have questions ask - don't assume. Ask if you need to provide tax returns each year; most do - we had to provide ours each year within 5 days of filing, both state and federal. Read your Plan carefully when confirmed - it will all be spelled out for you as to payments and any further information/instructions. Unless something fnancially occurs during your Plan years after confirmation that requires you to modify your plan, or your income rises or falls (ask your attorney about this), you will only hear from your trustee when they send reports - ours were sent quarterly to us. We never bothered with PACER - didn't have to as we received quarterly reports in the mail from both our attorney and the Trustee.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X