claim description ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

claim description ?

I logged in and checked the 13 data center today and I am wondering why one of the claims would read as surrendered as the claim descrition. It previously read as secured. This creditor is our 2nd mortgage and we filed a motion to strip on Monday 4/6. Is this normal?
    Filed 2/3/09
    341 Meeting 3/31/09
    Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
    Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Originally posted by gettingby2008 View Post
    I logged in and checked the 13 data center today and I am wondering why one of the claims would read as surrendered as the claim descrition. It previously read as secured. This creditor is our 2nd mortgage and we filed a motion to strip on Monday 4/6. Is this normal?
    If the claim read as surrendered is your second mortgage and you've filed to strip it, that means you have surrendered the loan back to the bank and that's what I believe what you are seeing on your 13DataCenter page. Check with your lawyer to be certain.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Surrendered is not a word I would like to see afiliated with my house. I guess it means the bank surrendered the lien?
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

That particular claim is an "unsecured" claim. They are wording as such, that the original "secured" claim -- or what they would have had as a secured claim -- is no longer secured and that they want to be part of the general unsecured claim pool.

Based on your plan payments, they could get "some" money out of your bankruptcy over the commitment period.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by gettingby2008 View Post
          Can I ask what it took to get your 2nd stripped after filing your 13? When I filed, the attorney had me use the county tax assessment as my home value, but I've since learned my house is worth far less - about the same as the balance of the 1st, in fact, which makes the 2nd unsecured. I've been researching forensic appraisals and loan reviews, but would love to know what steps you took to get this done.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X