About to Close!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to Close!!!!

The other day while checking 13DataCenter I saw my account status was "about to close". And my employer, just a few minutes ago, received a letter from my Trustee stating that effective May 15, 2009 no more garnishments are required. It's finally over!! Hopefully the formal discharge will be issued very soon!!

To everyone on this forum: Thank you all very, very much. Information I learned just by reading was invaluable! And to everyone who feels embarrassed or downtrodden because of having to file BK, or is thinking about doing so....remember that it may be a long and often difficult road...but it does come to an end....and it feels like the weight of the world is suddenly lifted off your shoulders.

Again....thank you everyone!
    Texasladybug (Jane)

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Woohoo good news glad to hear it!
      Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

Congratulations !
        CH 13 OLD LAW
        10/14/05
        Closed completed
        Final accounting 04/2009

Comment

Hey this is close enough to wake of the Victory hamsters.

Here they come: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...01868978665655

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

WhoooHoooo!! Congrats!!!
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That's great!!!!!!! Congrats
                Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
                Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
                341 Meeting 05/19/2009
                60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

Hello, I have been waiting 132 days now since the Ch 7 trustee filed his report of no distribution.
                  Has your case closed yet? If so, how many days were you awaiting closure?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by A007guy View Post
                    Hello, I have been waiting 132 days now since the Ch 7 trustee filed his report of no distribution.
                    Has your case closed yet? If so, how many days were you awaiting closure?

Thanks!
                    We were an asset case. The Trustee is settling up now with creditors. IRS is the only preferential creditor and I hope it all goes there. The Trustee has requested his payment and we have been waiting now over 260 days. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Awesome news! thanks for sharing and reminding those of us presently in Ch13 that there is destination.
                      May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
                      Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
                      Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

Congrats!!!

After reading the original post I decided to go back and look at my status. My status is "about to close" too, but I still have about 4 payments left. I guess that's close enough for them to say it's almost over!!! YAY
                        Filed Chapter 13 10/4/04
                        Completed Chapter 13 10/28/09
                        Discharged 1/4/10!!!

Comment

I've got 13 payments left to go, and it can't come soon enough.

Can't wait till I can say....."about to close!!!"

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

K
                          You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

So happy for you, TLB!! There is light at the end of the Ch 13 tunnel....you are a great role model for all of us 13ers. Congrats on finally making it to the end of your plan!
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Congrats! Can't wait till I get to where you are at now.
                              CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                              Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X