Getting Nervous About Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Nervous About Confirmation

I filed Chapter 13 in November 2008 and had my 341 meeting in December 2008. That was the last time I heard from my attorney. The deadline for claims was early March and the deadline for government claims was May 1, 2009. I have been checking pacer and there is nothing new there. I've yet to call my attorney for fear of hearing bad news. Should I have heard if my plan was confirmed by now?
    Filed 11/01/08
    341 12/03/08
    7 payments down - 53 to go

This is way too long for no confirmation unless there is something wrong. Contact your attorney to see what's going on. They may have forgotten about you. Anyhow, it could be that it's confirmed and nothing has changed (payments, duration, etc)... so figured no need to notify you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

In my legal battles I think your in good hands if your attorney is retained.
      The trustee would also write you if there was any issues. I find that no
      news is good news and use the time to your advantage
      Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

Originally posted by MJJ3767 View Post
        I have been checking pacer and there is nothing new there.
        I assume your lawyer attended your confirmation hearing about a month or so after your 341 meeting (filers do not have to attend the confirmation hearing). There should be a notatation on PACER about it - at least the confirmation hearing date and if it was continued. What does it say?
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget