top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh man I just lost my job after 15 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I just lost my job after 15 years!

In a 13 as many of you know my story. Lost my job. Have many opportunites eleswhere. Should I tell my attorney or just get the new job. Don't want to get the trustee involved. Just want to move on.

Justbroke, HHm and all of you great folks what do you think?

Help me PLEASE!

Thanks.

IMO, I would surely tell your attorney. Let him decide. If you can get a job that easy, please tell me where? I'll move.

Forcibly retired since '96, after 34 years when AT&T took over our company, NCR, and some 28 year old bimbo babe didn't think we counted and killed off the center. She did this without approval but it held and they backed her.

Life ain't fair, but, afterwords, you die. LOL. It will get better. We are doing better than ever after bk and sleep very well. It will be over in time. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Let some stress be taken off your back and apply to get your payments put on hold for a while, just in case.

Comment

So sorry to hear about the job loss, bk.....what a terrible thing to happen

Originally posted by bksmith12345 View Post
        Should I tell my attorney or just get the new job. Don't want to get the trustee involved.
        You need to tell your attorney immediately, then discuss if/when to tell your trustee. If you end up not finding a job as quickly as you believe you will, you will need the time for your trustee to authorize holding up a few payments while you continue job hunting. It's hard to get payments pushed by your trustee at the last minute.

Trust me when I say that Ch 13 trustees hear about job loss much too often these days. You won't stand out and losing your job won't put your case at risk. Hiding the information from your lawyer and your trustee until it's too late is what will put you on your trustee's radar.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by bksmith12345 View Post
          In a 13 as many of you know my story. Lost my job. Have many opportunites eleswhere. Should I tell my attorney or just get the new job. Don't want to get the trustee involved. Just want to move on.

Justbroke, HHm and all of you great folks what do you think?

Help me PLEASE!

Thanks.
          We weren't even confirmed yet and the company I worked for at that time went bankrupt. Talk about a shocker and I will never forget seeing grown men cry in the HR office who were with the company for a long time and now out of benefits, pension, etc. I immediately advised our attorney (as should you) and I was advised to get a job as soon as possible, which I did but at $6,000 per year less and our Plan was modified but we went on and got through our 13. You can't have a 13 without a job. You need to evaluate everything with your attorney so that is your first step - best of luck to you!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X