top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is normal fee for a chapter 13???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is normal fee for a chapter 13???

My Attorney who I met with was $3500 for a ch.13 ....The first attorney was $2500...Wow $500 difference what seem's to be a normal charge that people pay??? I know it vary's State by State...I am in Florida.

It sounds like a $1000 change actually. Fees can vary, I found one that will do it for $1500, I have seen as high as $4500, but the normal fee is $3500. Some will not even tell you that some more of it is rolled into your plan, so ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by dallas View Post
      My Attorney who I met with was $3500 for a ch.13 ....The first attorney was $2500...Wow $500 difference what seem's to be a normal charge that people pay??? I know it vary's State by State...I am in Florida.
      I have been to 3 atty's and recieved 3 different quotes.

1st stated 2500 but did not specify that it is actually 4500 with the remaining 2000 rolled up into the bk payments.

2nd told me 2200 up front and stated its 4k total and the remaining 1800 is included in the bk.

3rd told me 1200 with the remaining 2800 in the bk. He also stated it's considered a priority payment and will be prioritized with secured debt. Also I believe with 10% interest.

Comment

My attorney charged $3000. I had to pay $500 to retain him, and the other $2500 was rolled into my plan. My attorney and secured creditors were paid first through the plan before the unsecured started getting any payments.
        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
          I have been to 3 atty's and recieved 3 different quotes.

1st stated 2500 but did not specify that it is actually 4500 with the remaining 2000 rolled up into the bk payments.

2nd told me 2200 up front and stated its 4k total and the remaining 1800 is included in the bk.

3rd told me 1200 with the remaining 2800 in the bk. He also stated it's considered a priority payment and will be prioritized with secured debt. Also I believe with 10% interest.
          which three have you been to? pm me, I live in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
            My attorney charged $3000. I had to pay $500 to retain him, and the other $2500 was rolled into my plan. My attorney and secured creditors were paid first through the plan before the unsecured started getting any payments.
            Do you find it hard being in a chapter 13? If you dont mind me asking are your payments alot? Good luck to you...your 1/2 way there.

Comment

Can someone pls help me to understand..If your in a Chapter 13 then you would add the unsecured debt you have , plus the trustee's payment , plus the attorneys fee so you end up with about $5000 added on to pay back ???????
              Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
              Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
              Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I live in PA.... Normal fee that I have found is $1000 for chaper 7 plus some fees for filing and $3000 for chapter 13 and filing fees....
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
                  Can someone pls help me to understand..If your in a Chapter 13 then you would add the unsecured debt you have , plus the trustee's payment , plus the attorneys fee so you end up with about $5000 added on to pay back ???????
                  post this as a new thread klandsb, look in the upper left portion of your screen after entering the forum.

Comment

oh so sorry... my bad....good night
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Actually, I am new to this and pls forgive me for "NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES "hoping you told DALLAS the same thing....
                      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I wasnt scolding you for not following the rules, I have been banned on the forum for not following the rules, I'm just offering advice as to how you can have your question more directly answered.

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post

From what I have gathered is yes. My last consult the atty stated that trustee fees plus 10%, the remaining atty fees plus 10% and my back taxes are all added to the BK on top of the secured/unsecured debt. He also stated that there are two priorities in which debt is classifed. Secured debt is paid first and will be paid completely within the plan. These include all secured debt plus atty fees, trustee fees and tax debt. Anything left over would go towards unsecured debt if anything is left over.
                          He basically said cars 15K + 2800 atty fees + 3500 trustee fees + 3k taxes equals 24,300.00. My understanding is at minimum my monthly payment would have to pay off this amount in 60 months. So In my theory it would be 24,300 divided by 60 which equals 405 p/mo payment. The payment could be larger depending on MDI.
                          I am by far not an expert. I am in preperation to file myself and trying to learn as I go. If this is inaccurate please comment so I can correct the misunderstanding. Also I live in AZ so I dont know if it may differ.
                          Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi If I am correct your trustee fee's are based on the 15k and 3k the trustee in my area get's 10%. The trustee I dont think should get 10% of the attorney fee??? So that would leave 15k and 3k total= $18,000 at 10% is $1800 he or she would aquire. Could be wrong but This is what I think. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by dallas View Post
                              Hi If I am correct your trustee fee's are based on the 15k and 3k the trustee in my area get's 10%. The trustee I dont think should get 10% of the attorney fee??? So that would leave 15k and 3k total= $18,000 at 10% is $1800 he or she would aquire. Could be wrong but This is what I think. Good luck to you.
                              My understanding is the trustee gets 10% of the entire amount for everything or the entire secured debt amount. All I know is the trustee is getting his share.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X