top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is normal fee for a chapter 13???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
    From what I have gathered is yes. My last consult the atty stated that trustee fees plus 10%, the remaining atty fees plus 10% and my back taxes are all added to the BK on top of the secured/unsecured debt. He also stated that there are two priorities in which debt is classifed. Secured debt is paid first and will be paid completely within the plan. These include all secured debt plus atty fees, trustee fees and tax debt. Anything left over would go towards unsecured debt if anything is left over.
    He basically said cars 15K + 2800 atty fees + 3500 trustee fees + 3k taxes equals 24,300.00. My understanding is at minimum my monthly payment would have to pay off this amount in 60 months. So In my theory it would be 24,300 divided by 60 which equals 405 p/mo payment. The payment could be larger depending on MDI.
    I am by far not an expert. I am in preperation to file myself and trying to learn as I go. If this is inaccurate please comment so I can correct the misunderstanding. Also I live in AZ so I dont know if it may differ.
    Hope this helps.
    You do seem to have a good idea about how it works, here are some links for you.

Trustee expense guidelines, if you exceed these, make sure you have proof, like start saving receipts. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this.

If you know what your dmi/mdi is based on means test or schedule I minus J is, and you know all of your debts other than the unsecureds, then use this wizard. It basically has you input everything into it to see if your plan is possible, or if it needs some adjusting. Dont add in any trustee fees, it will do that automatically. Also, if you are cramming vehicles, put the cram (market value kelly blue book private party value) into the list, and use an interest rate of 6.5% (more than what it needs to be.) to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by dallas View Post
      My Attorney who I met with was $3500 for a ch.13 ....The first attorney was $2500...Wow $500 difference what seem's to be a normal charge that people pay??? I know it vary's State by State...I am in Florida.
      We paid $2000 which will be in our plan. I'm in GA.
      07-21-2009 filed Chapter 13
      05-02-11 CONVERTED TO CHAPTER 7 :

09-07-11 DISCHARGED !!!!!!

Comment

We paid $1,500 up front, and are paying another $3,100 in the BK. This includes a lien strip.
        Filed March 4, 2009
        341 April 14, 2009
        Confirmed May 25, 2010!!!

Comment

Optimistic1:

This is a great wizard, but how exactly do you use it? Can you give a little more directions? Such as do I put my DMI on thr first page and all other payments on the second page including living expenses?

Really, this is a very helpful site!

Texasgal

Comment

$3000 total for ch13; $700 paid up front and $2,300 paid through plan.
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

We charge $2500 in attorney's fees, which is the court approved "no look" fee for Mississippi. We get anywhere from $850 to $1500 up front. The less likely the plan is to succeed and the more complicated the case, the higher the up front.
              Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X