Paying trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying trustee?

Do you have to have it payroll deducted?
    Can you pay it on your own?

I would rather pay it on my own., If my company knows it will be very embarassing for me., nothing is confidential there and I am afraid it would ruin my chances for a promotion.

also, we do not get paid sick time so if I am off a week there would be not money to deduct and that would cause problems.

your attorney has to file a motion with the court to get your payments sent in directly by you. However some trustees insist on payroll deduction because those plans are generally more successful.

Comment

Your state determines whether or not payroll deduction is required. Ours required it but if you have a good attorney it is possible to get around it. In our situation, I had just started a new job the day after our 341 hearing and was highly concerned of the impact on my new job. Our attorney was able to get us to send in a certified check each month to the Trustee which we did and made sure we were never, ever late.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Ask your lawyer what your trustee allows. If personal direct payment isn't one of the options, if you have credible reasons why payroll deduction isn't feasible for you (such as the one you mentioned about weeks with sick leave), your lawyer can petition the court to request direct payment to the trustee. Others here have done it successfully.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

It seems things are different all over. We wanted to have ours paid by payroll deduction and our trustee does not allow this. The only options are cashier's check or money order. We are in Northern California. The trustee gave me the impression that the rule for this is by trustee's preference in our area. The handbook he handed out at the 341 meeting said that we could have payroll deduction if we requested it, but he said they don't accept that anymore when I questioned it. Didn't make sense to me, but those are his rules.

Comment

Our district states that they require it except in special circumstances. There is a check box on the plan form. Mine originally stated direct payment and it was never questioned. I send mine in via my bank's bill pay.
            March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
            Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

Indiana allows direct payment. I was asked if I wanted to pay directly or have it payroll deducted. I chose to pay directly and pay every month by personal check.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X