top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I just got a miracle from heaven.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just got a miracle from heaven.

Well, today I just received two letters from the office of the chapter 13 trustee. One letter stating funds received are sufficient to close the case as complete and to cash any refund check I receive no matter the amount...and the other letter was an order from the bk judge cancelling wage order to debtor.

While I have paid in the "pot" amount (mainly due to income tax refunds the first two years of the plan and the trustee getting money back from one of the creditors as "preferential"), They stated way back then that those amounts would be above and beyond the pot amount. If you take away those amounts for taxes and the preferential money recieved back, I still need to pay for more than a year to get to the pot amount....

Did I just get a miracle from God? I check NDC and it says: " COMPLETED -- FRP "

Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congratulations on completing a Chapter 13 early! Reads as though the preference and the refunds allowed you to pay 100% early.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

aa, how thrilling!! It's fantastic to hear that you are DONE more than a year earlier than you thought you might be! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

This Ch 13 discharge party is for YOU!! Cue the balloons and confetti!!

Enjoy your fresh new financial start - you've earned it!!!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Congratulations on completing a Chapter 13 early! Reads as though the preference and the refunds allowed you to pay 100% early.
        That's why I believe I got a miracle....I am in a 14.3% payback.

Comment

Well, it is a rare Dance we do for C 13 people. God gave you the will and you used his days to your wise discharge. We admire this, and so, as tradition has established, your Official (unofficially) Dance of Victory:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
            aa, how thrilling!! It's fantastic to hear that you are DONE more than a year earlier than you thought you might be! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

This Ch 13 discharge party is for YOU!! Cue the balloons and confetti!!

Enjoy your fresh new financial start - you've earned it!!!
            Thanks lrprn, I think we started this journey together 3 1/2 years ago. I guess I have not yet received the discharge, but I don't have to send anymore payments in I am still shaking, it caught me so off guard. I hope the trustee doesn't change his mind or a creditor file an objection. Guess they have 30 days to do so, but I doubt any will.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Well, it is a rare Dance we do for C 13 people. God gave you the will and you used his days to your wise discharge. We admire this, and so, as tradition has established, your Official (unofficially) Dance of Victory:

Angelina...that was so cool...........Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! What an unexpected and fantastic surprise. Christmas came early for you this year!!
                sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

must be an awesome feeling! not much longer for me either. Seems like it has been forever lol. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!! I never thought I'd see 2 years already....I was on here before filing...what a breath of fresh air for you!
                    I'm halfway through and very excited myself!
                    Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
                    CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
                    Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X