• Show
Clear All

Got my first CC offer today

CreditOne

$1500 Credit Line
    23.9 APR
    $69 Annual
    $69 One Time

I filed on 11/24, I haven't even attended my 341 yet. I laugh as I shred this. I can't believe how quick they want to suck people back in. Terms aren't THAT bad, though.
    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

what state did you file in? I haven't filed yet but have almost the exact ammount of debt

Comment

I got one this past week too. Got the actual card too. Got three phone calls too. What is up with these people?

Comment

I have been in a Chapter 13 for 17 months, and I am getting pre-approved offers from several low-end issuers of credit cards. I've also received other credit offers.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

All through our Chapter 13 we received preapproved offers with loads of fees and monthly charges, high percentages, etc. After discharge received numerous auto, credit and other offers, including numerous offers from travel agencies/cruise lines. 3 years and 3 months past discharge and even with the BK off our credit reports as of this past April, we just received another auto offer for those that are in BK or have filed. Goes to show you a BK may never go away...you end up stuck on mailing lists...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by deepinit View Post
            what state did you file in? I haven't filed yet but have almost the exact ammount of debt
            Pennsylvania, Middle District.
            Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
            341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
            $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

Got one yesterday. "Call to activate now and take care of your Christmas shopping". US Bank, 23.9% APR, $69 annual fee, $69 activation fee, $1500 limit.

These people are like drug pushers tempting recovering addicts.

Won't ever go there again.
              Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Wow! You'd be $138.00 in debt before even using the stupid card.
                Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
                "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X