Completed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed!!!

Just looked on 13network and the status of my case says "Completed" and the closing order date was yesterday, Dec. 30....WOOHOO!!! Hopefully this means I'm "finally" done.

How long does it usually take to get your discharge and any leftover monies?

Thank you all so much for all the encourgement these past 5 years!!! It has been a long, hard 5 years, but I'm so glad that we stuck it out and didn't give up!

God Bless!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 1/3/2005
    Discharged - 1/4/2010

Congratulations on an accomplishment few achieve! You make me believe!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, a great big "KUDDOS" to you.... I try to justify the 5 yr pmt plan sentence to the fact it took me longer than that to get in this mess... I am in it for the long haul and looking at the reward at the end of the road....
      Happy New Year !!!
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Congrats. It took me about 2 months to get my refund and another month and a half for discharge. I'm in the Pittsburgh region which is notoriously slow, so hopefully yours will be faster.

Comment

Congrats to you! I look foward to the day i am done 5 years from now.
          Filed 11-19-09
          341 12-30-09
          8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am not sure of all the nuances of C13, but in that you are 'completed', that is good enough for me! You are closing out your years of pain and hopefully entering into a New Year of HEALING!!! Here you go:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by stephanie1112 View Post
              Just looked on 13network and the status of my case says "Completed" and the closing order date was yesterday, Dec. 30....WOOHOO!!! Hopefully this means I'm "finally" done.
              Congratulations on successfully finishing your plan!!

It's another Ch 13 Discharge Party!!! Bring on the balloons and confetti!!

How long does it usually take to get your discharge and any leftover monies?
              Your trustee has to complete an audit to ensure your creditors received everything they were entitled to. You can expect that to take 1-2 months, maybe longer given the huge increase in filers your trustee is following over the last year.

Be sure to ask your lawyer to contact your trustee to ask that your payments be stopped. You can't stop them without either getting official confirmation by the court that you've been successfully discharged or if your trustee provides official notification that your payments can stop while the audit is going on.

Even if your trustee won't give permission to stop payments, you'll still get everything extra back once your official discharge comes through.

Thank you all so much for all the encourgement these past 5 years!!! It has been a long, hard 5 years, but I'm so glad that we stuck it out and didn't give up!
              Thank YOU for sticking it out and making it to the finish line! That is such an accomplishment! Way to go!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Congratulations!
                North Carolina

Comment

Congratulations on the long haul. I'm looking forward to September for month number 60.

Comment

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!

Good luck with your post-bankruptcy life and if you have any advice to offer I'd love to hear it. We are about 1 year thru and need all the good advice we can get!
                    11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
                    03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
                    04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
                    $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

Congratulations!!! That's awesome
                      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
                      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
                      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

WTG! Good work!

Comment

I got my notice of plan completion just before Thanksgiving. I received my refund (a little less than a hundred bucks) December 15. The filings in Pacer show the creditors had until December 31 to file any objections...(None were filed). I assume sometime next week I will get my official discharge. I'll let everybody know when it happens.

Right now, I'm at 6 weeks since notice of plan completion. I am hopeful that 8 weeks will be the most. Hope this helps.

My attorney told me the trustee is handling over 9000 cases this year. His "team" is a little bogged down. So, since there were no objections, I am sure the rest is just a matter of him saying all funds are distributed and the debt discharged.
                          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations on completing the plan! This is always good news to hear and gives me hope I can complete mine as well. I have two months to go in a five year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by aa06a47 View Post
                              Right now, I'm at 6 weeks since notice of plan completion. I am hopeful that 8 weeks will be the most.
                              What happy news that you are so close to being done, aa! Couldn't be happier for you!!
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X