keep electronic records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep electronic records

Is it sufficient if I just scan all records as PDFs (BK documents, trustee payment stubs, attorney correspondence) during the course of the Chapter 13 plan and then shred all the paper?

Originally posted by appleae View Post
    Is it sufficient if I just scan all records as PDFs (BK documents, trustee payment stubs, attorney correspondence) during the course of the Chapter 13 plan and then shred all the paper?
    I suggest checking with your lawyer first to see if there are certain documents that need to be kept as originals rather than scanned pdf copies that can be altered.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I sure hope printouts from PDF files are sufficient. For all the documentation I will need to provide, an electronic version IS the original version. I get all of my bills, bank statements and paystubs electronically. I file my taxes electronically and have only PDF versions of the actual returns.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It's sure a lot easier to keep everything electronically then have stacks of paper lying everywhere!

Comment

i would say keep all your the paper work you acquired during your bankruptcy because they are orginal hard copies, you can scan them for your records and perhaps a just in case record. if it where me I would hold on to them around 4 years after your discharge just like your tax refunds and bills.
          Chapter13
          100% unsecured/secured payback
          "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X