Discharged!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOO overcome with emotion. As of today, we are finally discharged after almost 5 years in our Plan!

Thank god for you guys. Couldn't have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Congratulations on an accomplishment that very few can claim! Making it through a Chapter 13 is a worthy achievement!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

congrats!!
      Charmedmom

Comment

That is really awesome! Great job!!!

Comment

congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations! Way to go! I hear it is really tough to see a Ch 13 through to discharge, so I also really appreciate the encouragement. (I think I'll be ok though.)

Comment

what process do you have to go through at discharge? Is there a meeting?
              Or just a notification?

Comment

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                Please continue to ecourage and advise the rest of us who have a long way to go.
                Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                341- April 28, 2010;
                Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a job well done--especially making it through the rigors of five years of payments! Here you go:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by getback View Post
                    what process do you have to go through at discharge? Is there a meeting? Or just a notification?
                    There's only a notification in the mail from the court stating your Ch 13 is successfully discharged. Pretty anticlimatic after three to five long years, but most welcome when it finally arrives!
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Good for you!

I know that it's a big relief and a huge accomplishment. I hope to post the same message in 22 months.
                      Enjoy your life Post-Bk13!

Comment

a big CONGRATS!

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                          There's only a notification in the mail from the court stating your Ch 13 is successfully discharged. Pretty anticlimatic after three to five long years, but most welcome when it finally arrives!
                          Hey that is right but not a problem. We can Victory you twice. A C13 is tough in any case and we give two to those who accomplish this. Great work. 'Hub and Mrs.
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Isn't a wonderful feeling??? It took me almost a month to sink in that I was discharged! Congratulations!!
                            sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thanks you guys! I don't think the feeling can really be put into words.......

To those still in a 13, just "keep on keeping on" You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

We've seen so many obstacles along the way. It was a tough road in the beginning, but it got better.

I'll never forget the initial feeling of failure and shame over filing. Finally I just told myself "It is what it is!!" There was no changing things, so all we could do is just keep plugging away to the finish line. Once I finally accepted things for the way they were, instead of feeling sorry for myself, things got better....

K
                              You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X