Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After confirmation .....

Just wanted to know what happens now? i just got confirmed "thank god"
    does the trustee want to see my bank account , tax return ever again?
    if i just keep making the payments for the next 54 months what is he going to want from me?

Confirmation means that the "inquiry" into your Plan of Reorganization is done. Just stay on plan and don't pay late. Unless you mess up, you'll only hear from the Trustee once a year, and that will be an annual statement of what you paid and they paid out to creditors.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      ... you'll only hear from the Trustee once a year, and that will be an annual statement of what you paid and they paid out to creditors.
      x2

So far that is the only contact we have had from our trustee and it was exactly what justbroke said. Make your payments and stay under the radar thru the plan is what I am striving for.
      Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Thank you , have a good weekend

Comment

Joey, you asked about tax returns. Most Ch 13 trustees do want copies of your tax returns (fed, state, and local if applicable) every year your 13 is active.

If your trustee did not give you written or verbal instructions about this, be sure to ask your lawyer what your trustee expects to see from his/her filers every year. If you are supposed to provide the tax returns and don't, your 13 can be dismissed by the trustee - something to avoid for sure.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We do have to provide copies of tax returns also, but i don't recall having to supply any other information or documentation.
            Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
            341- April 28, 2010;
            Confirmed May 25, 2010;
            $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

We will only have to provide tax returns for 2011 and 2012....

not sure if anything else. thats all that was listed in his recommendations

Filed July 09
              Confirmation - June 2010
              Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

Tax returns

Our paperwork indicated we had to provide tax return info only if requested otherwise we are not 'required' to do anything. Everything is done thru payroll deduction so I guess as long as I am working there won't be the worry of not making a payment on time. From what I have gleaned on this forum we have been quite fortunate as our plan is doable, with plenty of breathing room with finances, and our trustee has been excellant, so far.

Knock on wood.
                Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X