I think it is finally over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is finally over!

I checked the NDC website today and to my delight my case status says completed! Date case closed is 6-2-10. I knew I was getting close, but I was still overwelmed to see this. I didn't post alot on here but I spent many hours reading other posts. This site has been really helpful, and I just want to thank everyone on here!

Congratulations on completing a Chapter 13. That is an accomplish that many can't claim!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Great to here!! You're done. Another goes forward to a better life. It's always good to hear we can do this and it will eventually end. http://www.bkforum.com/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Comment

Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling!
        sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

OMG I wish I was you... I havent made my first payment yet But congratulations... what advice can you give me??

Comment

Congratulations! I have found the NDC a great site also. My case is due to discharge probably within the next 9 months to year. We are under a 55% payback. I just found out that the Trustee is paid off. I am also seeing that all the claims are nearly at 55%. We only owe a few more payments to the IRS. I bet it is feeling really good. This has been a bumpy journey. I believe that almost all people in Chapter 13 feel this way. I hope and wish you a happy post bankruptcy life! Congratulations again!!

ALMOST THERE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

CONGRATS! I love to hear success stories!
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Fabulous news, scott29 - congratulations! It's time for another....

Chapter 13 Discharge Party!!

Bring on the band, balloons, and confetti! Way to go!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    Congratulations on completing a Chapter 13. That is an accomplish that many can't claim!
                    What is it? Something like 95 percent FAIL?

Comment

No, only 1 in 3 or around 33% actually finish a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Mostly because of hardship or financial reasons such as job loss, change in job status or hardships such as illness or loss of job.

Comment

Congrats to you...always inspiring to see successful stories..I am like muzzy, more then halfway done, about another year and I also read posts every now and again for inspiration here on bk forum. We owed 63,000 down to 23,000, 100% payback and so looking forward to the next year to arrive. It is a rocky road but can be achieved so thanks for sharing your success story with us. Its very inspiring. Doing to the Discharge Dance for ya.. good luck in your new debt free life ahead...
                        Chapter13
                        100% unsecured/secured payback
                        "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know! Hearing one has completed his 13 successfully gives me hope that I will too.
                          Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                          341- April 28, 2010;
                          Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                          $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Originally posted by muzzey58 View Post
                            No, only 1 in 3 or around 33% actually finish a chapter 13 bankruptcy.
                            Well, that number doesn't include the 60% that don't make it to confirmation. So... that's about 86.8% that fail.

Quite a feat to be in the 13th Percentile!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I get so darned excited when I read about a Chapter 13'er finishing up the plan! Congrats to you!
                              Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                              I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X