top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long between filing and confirmation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long between filing and confirmation?

Just had a question for those who filed 13:

How long was it between the day you filed and the day your plan was confirmed?

I know the 341 is held about 30-45 days after the day you file. I'm trying to understand what's in store for me now that I've filed and received the date of my creditors' mtg.

From the day we filed until confirmation = 59 days. At our 341, the trustee told us he would recommend confirmation and were confirmed 2 weeks after our 341.
    Last edited by needanswers; 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM.
    Ch. 13
    5 payments down, 55 to go

Comment

We filed May 2009, have yet to be confirmed. Im confused as to whose fault this is. The Trustee or my Lawyer's.

Comment

My 341 was actually 68 days after filing. The trustee said she would recommend confirmation. The plan was confirmed 12 days after the 341.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

We filed 1/11/10, 341 was 3/29 continued until 4/21, confirmation 7/22/10. It took 3 tries before we were confirmed. Not sure about the 1st time, 2nd time was my lawyers fault, 3rd time a charm.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Difference of confirmation date and dischage date/

I had a 341 meeting on 7-23, I have a confirmation date of 9-16. is the 9-16 just a date that the confirmation has to be either confirmed or not?

What happens if not confirmed?

At my 341,the trustee asked me several questions and made no comment for being confirmed ...do you get a letter in the mail?

Is the 9-16 date the date that the creditors have to file a claim?

I also have a discharge date of 10-25

Are these dates tenative?

Thanks

Comment

Good question - I filed on 7/23, 341 hearing is scheduled for 9/14 and confirmation hearing is scheduled for 10/14....

Comment

We had our 341 in March (couple yrs ago) and were not confirmed until Sept... all depends on your situation and occasionally some stalling of creditors...

Comment

There is also the discharge date, do you have that date? I got the date from the PACER system....that is why I am what is confirmation and I know what discharge date is....

Confirmation, I am beginning to think is the date that the trustee confirms the BK as filed with no objections by the courts.....i wanted to make sure this is a correct proces

Comment

I think the timing and procedure varies by district. If no objection is filed to a plan, Federal Rule of Bankruptcy Procedure 3015(f) allows, but does not require, a court to determine a plan is proposed in good faith, without hearing evidence. So, I think some courts schedule a confirmation hearing for all cases. Other courts, like mine, only schedule a confirmation hearing if there are objections. In my district, a creditor must file an objection to confirmation before the 341 meeting (federal rules just say an objection must be filed before confirmation). If the plan is amended, they have 14 days after service of the amended plan to object, so that can put the deadline beyond the 341. If there's no objection, there's no hearing and the plan gets confirmed.

freeme0215, the court clerk mailed me a copy of the confirmation order after it was entered. In a Chapter 13, discharge doesn't happen until you've completed your plan, so the 10/25 date seems odd. Is that 10/25 of this year? Could it be the deadline for objections to dischargeability?

On Pacer, my case shows the deadline for objections to dischargeability is 120 days after my filing date. The deadline for creditors to file claims is 150 days after filing.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

In my district (PA) confirmation hearings are held for each bk case. My confirmation hearing was actually on 7/20, the judge did not sign the paperwork until 7/22 which became my official date. The trustee did not recommend approval until 7/20 the date of the 3rd hearing.
                      From reading here it sounds like a lot of confirmation paprwork tell you what is required, what needs to be reported, etc, mine simply says we are confirmed in accordance with the bk laws.
                      This past week, they actually starting sending money out to my creditors.
                      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Filed in Nov 2009, and 341 was about one month later.

It took about 5 months for confirmation.

Comment

Chapter: 13
                          Last Date to file claims: 10/25/2010
                          Last Date to file (Govt): 12/20/2010

This is from PACER....I think I figured this out, 9-16 is the confirmation hearing on the BK...then I wait for the creditors to file their claims...they have till 10-25.....the discharge date of discharge I am thinking will come after that...

Comment

I mean to add that they creditors listed since I filed is 7, there are quite a few more, do they tend to wait till the final days to register a debt?

Comment

If your case doesn't have objections, your case will usually be confirmed by the court relatively quickly as you've seen some folks post already. However, if you have objections (and many Ch 13 cases do), the timing to confirmation may be delayed while your lawyer and the trustee or creditor negotiate to resolve the objections.

In our case, see my sig - we had three objections (2 trustee and 1 creditor) and in the course of dealing with each one at the glacial pace of our U.S. legal system , our confirmation came 15 months after after we filed. However after hanging around here for more than four years, I can say that we're on the high end of the time-after-fiing-to-confirmation bell curve, so don't panic

It's nice to know how long it might take others to get confirmed, but in reality what determines how long it takes to get confirmed is if there are objections to your case, what your trustee is willing to file objections over, what your creditors are willing to file objections over, your trustee's Ch 13 caseload, previous Ch 13 case law decisions by your bk judge, etc.

Your case is your own - it's unique compared to everyone else's. Please don't get hung up on bk timeframes - that will drive you crazy! Instead focus your attention on ensuring you have a really good budget and process for staying on it. That's the very best use of your precious energies!
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X