Can I Amend My Chapter 13 Filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Amend My Chapter 13 Filing

Ok, freaking out just a bit - we filed Chapter 13 this week, and I just realized we forgot to list 2 accounts - a PayPal account with $10 in it, and a College Fund for our child for about $100 - I just totally forgot about these in all the paperwork rush - neither account has had money go in or out for a very long time, so I just wasn't even thinking. I'm calling the attorney first thing in the morning, but does anyone know from experience how we can fix this? Can we just take the info in to the 341, or can/does it need to be fixed before then?

Did you file through an attorney? Those accounts are really insignificant. Speak with your attorney. If you filed pro se, then amend your petition.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You figured this out before your 341, so adding these two accounts to your filing should be fine.

Do check your agreement with your lawyer to see if making these changes will cost you anything beyond the typical low court costs (usually around $26) for filing an amended plan with the court. Some lawyers will charge for the time it takes them to modify your original filing, and some won't.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget