Can someone decifer this for me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone decifer this for me??

Hi. I am one of those pacer using worry warts. I found the 15th entry is Confirmation Order. Here is a copy and paste of the order. Does this mean the plan was confirmed? Its about three months before the claim deadline...if this is the order of confirmation, how would future claims affect it?

Full docket text for document 15:
    Order Confirming Chapter 13 Plan. L.P., Debtor's Attorney, Fees awarded: $3000.00, Expenses awarded: $300.00 (oh yes he went for the max); Awarded on 10/28/2010. (RE: related document(s)[9] Chapter 13 Plan filed by Debtor Me, Joint Debtor Wife). The Plan (Fil. # 9) is confirmed. The pleading was duly filed, served and noticed pursuant to local rules. No timely resistance/objection was filed. Movant is responsible for giving notice to parties in interest as required by rule or statute. HEREBY ORDERED by Judge. (Text only order)

Does this mean there is not confirmation hearing and basically we now sit back and make the payments for the next three years and its over?
    Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
    First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
    2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Not a 13 person but I can read orders. That is what it says and looks like. It is the Trustees bill so to speak, and an OK to go forth. Your lawyer needs to find out where and when you need to make payments. Good luck. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

"In a chapter 13 proceeding, the Court will enter an order confirming your chapter 13 plan once you meet all the requirements."...yep, not a 13 person either, but that looks like a good sign to me!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Your plan is confirmed. In 90% or more of Chapter 13 cases, the ONLY time the debtor himself/herself needs to attend any "hearing" or meeting... is the 341 Meeting of Creditors. The attorney takes care of the Confirmation and other hearings. You would have been told if you were required to attend, and attendance in a Chapter 13 is usually not required.

Congratulations on your confirmation.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Your plan is confirmed. In 90% or more of Chapter 13 cases, the ONLY time the debtor himself/herself needs to attend any "hearing" or meeting... is the 341 Meeting of Creditors. The attorney takes care of the Confirmation and other hearings. You would have been told if you were required to attend, and attendance in a Chapter 13 is usually not required.

Congratulations on your confirmation.
          Thanks JB, I was not that sharp on 13, but I'm pleased I read the order correctly. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybeardj View Post
            Its about three months before the claim deadline...if this is the order of confirmation, how would future claims affect it?
            They won't. Creditors who file future claims will be paid as provided in your plan, just as the creditors who already filed. If they are unsecured creditors, they will get paid a pro rata portion of whatever part of your payments are available to pay unsecured debt. If not all unsecured creditors file claims or the claims are lower than what was stated on your petition, the unsecured creditors who file claims (in the past or future) will get a larger percentage than stated in your plan, but that won't affect your payment.

Congratulations on the confirmation!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You will eventually receive a copy of the Confirmation order from the Court. Each and every stipulation will be individually addressed in plain English, beginning with the phrase "It is so ORDERED that: xxxxxxxxxxx etc; and continued between paragraphs "It is further ORDERED that:xxxxxxxxxx etc. The word "ordered" will be capitalized. Nothing is left to chance. The Court orders can only be changed by the trustee filing a motion to modify a particular order.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X