top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Filed and Unable to Make Online Mortgage Payment...Unusual??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Filed and Unable to Make Online Mortgage Payment...Unusual??

We filed a Chapter 13 on Dec. 29, 2010...We are current on our mortgage and plan on carrying on with our mortgage payments as usual...However, when I went to pay our Jan. mortgage payment online today I found our account closed to making online payments, ( apparently due to the fact we've filed BK)...Is this unusual even if your mortgage is current and there are no plans to include it in anyway in the BK??...If it's standard practice no problem, but unsure if my attorney has somehow slipped up and perhaps included our mortgage in the filing.

( Of course this would come to light on a Sunday when no one in our attorney's office is available).

"Is this unusual even if your mortgage is current and there are no plans to include it in anyway in the BK?"

No
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

From everything I have ever read on this forum (except for the above post) once you have filed, you cannot make online payments or access your mortgage info online - this happens to everyone. The mortgage company will also stop sending you statements. You will need to mail your payments in and keep current to keep your home. Your mortgage company is forbidden to contact you because of the automatic stay.
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

My helco was with the same bank that we bkd 2 cards. I did go back in and resigned up just using the helco information and I was able to see the info and make online payments. My helco is outside the tt payment and I needed the payment info. During the last year I have received 1 paper statement, but as long as I can see it online, it doesn't matter.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
          From everything I have ever read on this forum (except for the above post) once you have filed, you cannot make online payments or access your mortgage info online - this happens to everyone. The mortgage company will also stop sending you statements. You will need to mail your payments in and keep current to keep your home. Your mortgage company is forbidden to contact you because of the automatic stay.

Not necessarily..... I have been able to pay my mortgage online since the day I filed.... and I am still receiving bills from my HELOC even though it is being stripped and in now considered unsecured!
          however my car is a different story... I have not seen a bill since the day I filed although I have requested it many many times.... I am paying for my car outside of the plan... I just send payment via bill payer every month, and call every month to be sure they are applying it to my car!
          Last edited by enginegirl; 01-09-2011, 04:27 PM.
          Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
            Everyone will not have the same experience. My 1st is being paid outside plan. They were deducting payments automatically still until last month. I had called to ask a question about escrow and they noticed I was in BK and said from now on I had to mail payments only. No autopay or paying at a branch. I can view all mortgage activity online with no problem including payments and escrow history. Now, I just use Bill Pay through my existing bank which is still automatic (push vs pull).
            I also just opened a new checking with same bank that I had large CC with. They said "we don't care, those items are separate, and you're paying them." So now I am back banking where I was.

Comment

We can't make payments online.

Last year I paid almost $100.00 extra each month and for some reason, that extra money disappeared. The mortgage company refuses to tell me where the money went. I suspect after our Chapter 13 is over with, the mortgage company will want a large amount of money to bring the escrow account up to date. If we don't come up with the extra money right away, they will foreclose. By the way, the extra money I sent in last year was suppose to go to the escrow account.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Our mortgage is with BofA. They closed our online account and we can't do anything online with them at all.

The mortgage is outside the Plan, BTW.

--13for60
                Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
                341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Originally posted by 13for60 View Post
                  Our mortgage is with BofA. They closed our online account and we can't do anything online with them at all.

The mortgage is outside the Plan, BTW.

--13for60
                  Same here. I plan to call them this week to find out if there is any way to get access again. I've read here about people who were able to do that, but I don't remember what bank the mortgage was with. I make payments through my bank's online bill pay, but it would be nice to be able to access info on my impound account.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules215 View Post
                    We filed a Chapter 13 on Dec. 29, 2010...We are current on our mortgage and plan on carrying on with our mortgage payments as usual...However, when I went to pay our Jan. mortgage payment online today I found our account closed to making online payments, ( apparently due to the fact we've filed BK)...Is this unusual even if your mortgage is current and there are no plans to include it in anyway in the BK??...If it's standard practice no problem, but unsure if my attorney has somehow slipped up and perhaps included our mortgage in the filing.

( Of course this would come to light on a Sunday when no one in our attorney's office is available).
                    The answer is very simple. Since your BK is part of your filing (even though you are current on all payments and keeping your house, etc.), your mortgage has been transferred to their BK section. They should send you a new address where to start sending the payments; if you don't get something soon, call them and ask where to send your future payments.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I'm still making payments with GMAC outside the plan for my mortgage and they haven't cut off anything. Hooray for that, as it allows me to actually make a payment on the 15'th day of the grace period if need be.
                      Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
                      341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
                      $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

We have same situation and just asked mortgage company today when will we be able to resume online payments. They told us as soon as discharge and closed... we will be returned to regular population.
                        sounds like we were in solitary! LOL
                        Filed 09/29/2010
                        341 meeting 11/09/2010 Notice of no distribution same day!
                        Discharged!!! 01/12/2011 Closed!! 1/18/2011

Comment

Thanks for everyone's response!!

I spoke with my mortgage servicer ( Indymac/OneWest), and it's as everyone said...They do realize the mortgage isn't included in the BK but until discharge ( 60 months I guess), I won't be able to pay my bill online with them via their site...I will still be able to see all of my other info online though...I'm going to set the payment up via my bank now and I guess I'll need to call them back to ask for a new mailing address because I didn't think to do that when I had a rep on the phone.

Thanks again.

Quick question though...Am I wrong in thinking our discharge won't come until our 60 month payment plan is over??...I've seen a couple of signatures on tis thread where their discharge is much quicker, but I'm assuming those are Ch. 7 filers visiting the Ch. 13 folder here...But perhaps I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules215 View Post
                            Thanks for everyone's response!!

I spoke with my mortgage servicer ( Indymac/OneWest), and it's as everyone said...They do realize the mortgage isn't included in the BK but until discharge ( 60 months I guess), I won't be able to pay my bill online with them via their site...I will still be able to see all of my other info online though...I'm going to set the payment up via my bank now and I guess I'll need to call them back to ask for a new mailing address because I didn't think to do that when I had a rep on the phone.

Thanks again.

Quick question though...Am I wrong in thinking our discharge won't come until our 60 month payment plan is over??...I've seen a couple of signatures on tis thread where their discharge is much quicker, but I'm assuming those are Ch. 7 filers visiting the Ch. 13 folder here...But perhaps I'm confused.
                            Jules215, correct, you are not discharged until your payments plan is completed.

1 year done, 4 more to go!
                            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X