Trustee Holding our last 3 payments not paying them out were done thous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron55 View Post
    Call Vangie or Cheryl ? do they work for the trustee Russell Brown in Phoenix?
    Yes. One of them was the analyst on your case. When you call you can ask the receptionist which one you need to talk to. (Or you can ask your attorney to contact them but I think it will be quicker if you do it.)

Des.

Comment

Mind if I ask you how do you know about my case who was involved with it just curious since you know more about my case than my wife and I do.

Comment

I don't think Des knows about your case. He/She is a bankruptcy attorney. He knows the trustee and the trustee's employees. He is telling you that one of those two employees worked on your case because they are probably the only analysts that work for trustee, so it had to be one of them. I wouldn't get paranoid about it, it is just deductive reasoning not inside information.

Comment

I wasnt paranoid about it just wondered is all and did not know Des was a bk attorney. I just got an email from my attorneys office five minutes ago and here is what they replied to me sems absurd to me what do you think, i aske about trustee approval to apply for fha loan since we are all paid in waiting discharge here is her reply:

I am sorry, you are at the end of the plan, and the trustee's office is over slammed. He won;t issue you a letter to get fha approval, just sit tight a little longer, he will complete the process and once the discharge is entered, you won't need the approval. have a great day!

Comment

I think it sounds like your attorney doesn't want to be bothered with it and is blowing you off. I would take Des' advice and contact the trustee yourself.

Comment

If Des is a bk attorney I would like to hear from her/him sorry do not know if it is a woman or man sorry. I think it is odd that they made that comment. I asked them why the trustee is holding three payments the last ones since the 6th of this month not paying them out and what I need to do to get a letter of approval to apply for an fha since we are paid out in full. I told her on the bk forums they said people have gotten approvals in chapter 13 even and people said they see no issue since it is paid out and as I said she said the trustee isnt going to give us approval so sort of ignorant I think. I also asked if I can call the trustee myself she said she would not recommend that at all!

Comment

Calling the Trustee, when you have an attorney, makes the attorney look bad. Smart Trustees will generally assume that when a debtor calls them behind their attorney's back, there is something wrong with the attorney-client relationship.

I think your attorney is right to just wait for the case to discharge in order to get the FHA letter. So long as it only takes another 4-8 weeks to get the discharge. Otherwise, getting an approval from the Trustee is a pain as they usually want to review the case. In your case, you are at the end-of-plan so it's moot. The Trustee might say the same.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

if it were only going to be another 4-8 weeks I would not have a problem but our attorney said it could be 3 to 6 months. And if I wait for a discharge we dont need an FHA letter once we get the discharge. I just dont want to have to wait up to 6 months more is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron55 View Post
                    Mind if I ask you how do you know about my case who was involved with it just curious since you know more about my case than my wife and I do.
                    Wish I could say that I was psychic but alas, I'm not. There are only 2 Chapter 13 Trustee's in Phoenix. I know both of them very well. While I know nothing about your case I do know how each runs their office.

Des.

Comment

Ron55,

PM me.

Des.

Comment

HI Des I sent you a pm with my email and number so let me know if you did not get it.
                        thanks
                        Ron and Kathy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X