No One Filed a claim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No One Filed a claim?

My plan was confirmed a few months ago. It included a lien strip, several credit cards and a returned auto lease. I didn't pay too much attention to who filed claims, just made my $161 per month payments. Today I got a letter in the mail from my Trustee showing that no one filed a claim, except my attorney. What does this mean? Do I need only to finish my atty's claim, which has about a $900 balance, then the case is closed? It's only been 1 year since I filed. Can I pay the $900 in advance and close case now? I'll definately call my Atty Monday morning but....

Wow, you made it past the claims bar date and no claims filed? That is great. Once all legitimate claims are paid 100% in your plan, you are eligible for a discharge. Talk to your attorney about it.

Comment

Sounds like you are going to get a discharge faster than you can say "boo". Once all allowed claims are paid in full you are done.

Des.

Comment

PoorInCA, words cannot express how much I envy you! Congrats!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Wow, how many months was your plan supposed to be for? And if you don't mind, what was total of your debt?
          Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Holy cow! The bankruptcy gods are shining down on you. Lucky lucky!
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

But is that what it means? How long is the bar date? My 2nd was $45k with Wells, $28k to Citibank, $22k + $8k to Chase, $15k to Nissan. Also a disgustingly large amount to Sallie, but they also don't list as a claim.

Is it possible? Could I not owe anyone any money?!?!? Besides Sallie, of course, who will follow me to my grave.

Comment

Originally posted by PoorInCA View Post
                But is that what it means? How long is the bar date? My 2nd was $45k with Wells, $28k to Citibank, $22k + $8k to Chase, $15k to Nissan. Also a disgustingly large amount to Sallie, but they also don't list as a claim.

Is it possible? Could I not owe anyone any money?!?!? Besides Sallie, of course, who will follow me to my grave.
                My understanding is that if they don't file a claim they don't get any money :-) Wow. Add me to the envious list! Please let us know how it goes tomorrow after you've spoken with your attorney!
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by PoorInCA View Post
                  But is that what it means? How long is the bar date?
                  The claims bar date is roughly 90 days from the 341. the government gets a little longer to file a claim. Since you got a letter from the trustee, that tells me you are past the bar date and just need to pay off your lawyer to be done.

Now you can funnel that money into Sally Mae so it DOESN'T have to follow you to the grave....

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome! I think there was only one other person on here who had that happen to them! Congrats!!!!!
                    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
                    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Green with envy! May I borrow your horseshoe?

Comment

You hit the lottery.
                        Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Gosh, I wish this were me!

Comment

All this time I thought stuff like that was urban legend...

Congrats! Buy a lottery ticket!

--13for60
                            Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
                            341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Lucky - and thanks for the info. I'm early in the game, but only my car loan, which is paid outside the BK has filed claim.
                              Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X