top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan Confirmed not all creditors put claim in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Confirmed not all creditors put claim in...

Hopefully someone on here can assist me with this,
    I received a letter from my trustee this week stating my 13 plan is now officially confirmed, so all I need to do is keep making payments. Yesterday I logged on 13 data center to view the official claim amts, and to my surprise, 5 creditors(all unsecured debt, totaling approx 18k) did not have a claim put in.

Does that mean they wont get paid because its confirmed? If thats the case, since my payment is based off that amt we originally put in, could I get my payback shortened and/or payment reduced?

Thanks!
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

are you past your bar date?? If so then the creditors are SOL! if not they still have time, I had 3 file the day before bar date......
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

How do I know what my bar date is?
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

I believe it is 120 days after you file.... so if you filed 11/15/10 your bar date will be 3/15/11 so they have until this Tuesday....
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

thank you for that info enginegirl.
          So...if they dont file after that, is it true my overall bk payback would lower and my total term could lower?
          The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
            thank you for that info enginegirl.
            So...if they dont file after that, is it true my overall bk payback would lower and my total term could lower?
            not necessarily ......if you are in 100% payback then yes it could... but if you are not then probably the answer will be no... your creditors will just get more money.

Comment

You need to be aware that the 13 data center data may not be current. I had the same thoughts when we were confirmed last year. When I first logged into 13 data center, there were no claims for some creditors, but we had listed them all in our documents. Eventually they all showed up.

Comment

The bar date for filing claims is 60 days after your 341 meeting.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
                  not necessarily ......if you are in 100% payback then yes it could... but if you are not then probably the answer will be no... your creditors will just get more money.
                  thanks for the info yes I am in a 100 percent plan.
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by longhaul View Post
                    You need to be aware that the 13 data center data may not be current. I had the same thoughts when we were confirmed last year. When I first logged into 13 data center, there were no claims for some creditors, but we had listed them all in our documents. Eventually they all showed up.
                    how long did it take for all of them to show up?
                    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                      The bar date for filing claims is 60 days after your 341 meeting.
                      Sorry, LIR - this isn't correct. Here's the Ch 13 timeline in almost all local courts:

30 Days After the Meeting of Your Creditors - The bankruptcy trustee and your creditors have 30 days after the conclusion of the meeting of your creditors to make objections.

45 Days After the Meeting of Your Creditors - The court will have a confirmation hearing during which the bankruptcy trustee will recommend to the judge whether or not your repayment plan should be approved by the court. Your creditors do have the right to object to confirmation of your case, but your attorney will likely have resolved any objections to confirmation before this date. (Note: some local courts hold the confirmation hearing on the same day as the 341 meeting.)

90 Days After the Meeting of Your Creditors - All of your creditors (except for government entities) must file their proofs of claim (these are documents your creditors submit to the court specifying how much you owe them) within 90 days after the first date set for your creditor meeting if they wish to share in the payments from your case.

180 Days After Your Case is Filed - Government entities that have claims against you (such as the IRS) have 180 days after the filing of your case to submit their proofs of claim.

Source: http://www.totalbankruptcy.com/chapt...-timeline.aspx
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                        Sorry, LIR - this isn't correct. Here's the Ch 13 timeline in almost all local courts:
                        No sorry necessary. Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for trusting my memory instead of looking it up.
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

thanks for the clarity
                          The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X