Chase Bank USA, N.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Bank USA, N.A.

I just found something very strange on my list of creditors. Chase has filed a claim on my BK that belongs to my wife. I am not a co-debtor on this account. Has anyone ever seen this before and how can I get any documents pertaining to this claim. The claim does not show up on Pacer, but it does my Trustee website. The claim is for exact amount owed on my wife's credit card. Any comments?

You may not be a co-debtor, but do you carry a card as an "authorized" user? You should re-read the agreements on authorized cardholders. For example, American Express holds both the primary cardholder and the "authorized" user responsible for any charges the authorized user makes! (I will say that Chase usually can't prove this because they don't issue different card numbers to authorized users; that is something American Express does.)

Anyhow, somehow you are tied to your wife. Do you have other "joint" Chase accounts or are otherwise a an "authorized" user on any of the other Chase accounts?

I wouldn't particularly worry about it. You can just file an Objection to Claim.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I should go into this with a little more information. Yes, I was an authorized user on the account. Chase has filed a complaint and served a summons to my wife for the exact amount they a claimed filed on my BK. Is Chase playing both ends against the middle? If I amend my BK and except that claim, will Chase drop the suit?

Comment

It's odd that the claim shows up on the Trustee's website, but not Pacer. Anything that is filed with the court should show up on Pacer. The Trustee should not pay on any claim that is not filed with the court.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm unsure if kmattin actually looked at the Claims Register or the Docket. Claims are not listed on the docket. There can never be a claim on 13DataCenter when it's not in PACER's claim system. You can find the Claims Register by searching for your case and clicking the "Claims Register" link and searching through all them.

Wait, did Chase file a complaint in the Bankruptcy Court or the local court?
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have you both filed, in separate cases? I am in that situation with my wife, and one or two creditors made errors in their claims, listing my name and my wife's account, I didn't really sweat it, as it makes no difference to me.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X