Probably not a big deal... but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not a big deal... but...

So this is probably not a big deal, but I'd hate to throw away $60K. I filed in PA on 7/17/07. I immediately began making payments and as we know from the thread one down from mine- that's when the clock starts.

The final payment should be 6/17 *BUT* I'm going to be $177 short of completing the plan base at that point.

Is this a big deal? I'm more than willing to just let it slide right into the first pay in July and complete it then, but don't want to risk my whole discharge over $177.

The payments are taken out via payroll deduction and I've never sent/spoke directly to my trustee or their office.

Thoughts?

I would seriously doubt that they would/could discharge over such a small amount, I would have your attorney contact them to make sure. Seems like this is something they would take care of in the process of reconciling everything and sending out final payments to creditors, etc... If you owe the $177, then they should let you know that at some point. If you've made every payment for the exact amount that it is supposed to be, then I'm not sure how they could ask for more?
    Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
    130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
    100% Completed

Comment

First, congrats on getting to this point in your plan successfully!

Since you filed in 2007 and are making your last payment in 2011, is it safe to assume you were in a 100% payback plan and that's why your plan is only four years long?

Where did the $177 you calculated come from? If you used figures from the 13Network or National Data Center websites, neither is reliable for this kind of calculation.

The only way to know exactly what is still owed on your Ch 13 at any one point in your plan is to ask your lawyer to ask your trustee what is still owed at that point. Have you asked your lawyer about this possible small shortfall yet?
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Just cut a separate check (Money Order) for the difference in July. No one is going to even notice. Or, let the wage assignment continue for 1 extra month and wait for the refund of the extra $$ sent. If you are overly concerned call the Trustee. I am sure this situation happens all the time.

Des.

Comment

Thanks Des, I was just planning on letting the wage attachment continue - but I didn't want to get dismissed because of some arbitrary, "All the money has to be in by this exact date" type of clause. I did go ahead and send a quick e-mail out to the attorney and I guess we'll see what he says. I've been flying as low under the radar as possible and I don't want to be drawing attention to myself at this point either. HEH! - as I'm typing this, I got a response from the attorney.

"Doesn't work that way. We will just let it go one more pay and then you will eventually get any overpayment back from the Trustee after she audits everything. No problem there are all. "

Well - he's not an English major! "...are all." )

WOOT!! July 1 will be last payment. 3 + 1/3 payments to go!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X