top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is the day we are to be discharged. How do I find out if we were?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day we are to be discharged. How do I find out if we were?

June 16th is our official discharge date according to the paperwork. How can I find out if it actually happened. In Idaho it does not go to the Judge it goes to a administrator.

Originally posted by puggymoo View Post
    June 16th is our official discharge date according to the paperwork. How can I find out if it actually happened. In Idaho it does not go to the Judge it goes to a administrator.
    First, congratulations! You could give your attorney a call, or call the case administrator. More than likely though you will receive a copy in the mail in the next few days.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy your freedom from debt and the completion of your plan.
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

If you know how to check PACER, the discharge should be noted there in the Documents section before you receive your discharge letter.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by puggymoo View Post
          Technically, the date on your paperwork is called the last day to file a complaint to determine dischargeability. We affectionately call it the discharge date because no one can complain about your discharge after that date... except in the case of actual fraud.

The discharge will come some time after that date so long as you don't have any pending issues. Pending issues could include missing paperwork or a complaint filed by the United States Trustee regarding your discharge. If all is okay, then the discharge will usually "automatically" come on day 61. That's known as the "auto" discharge.

As lrprn writes, when your discharge is actually issued, there should be a docket entry in PACER that contains the contents of the Discharge Order.

Best wishes to you!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X