trustee paying mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trustee paying mortgage

4 months into Chap13, home and car included in plan payment. Been checking Chap 13 data base, they have been paying car payment and lawyer fee but has yet to make payment on mortgage. Is this normal or should I be concerned and talk to my lawyer? Thanks for any info

Originally posted by randy5724 View Post
    4 months into Chap13, home and car included in plan payment. Been checking Chap 13 data base, they have been paying car payment and lawyer fee but has yet to make payment on mortgage. Is this normal or should I be concerned and talk to my lawyer? Thanks for any info
    Since the mortgage is in your plan it doesn't really matter to you when the trustee makes the payment to the mortgage company, as long as you are making your CH13 payment you are fine. They will contact the trutsee themselves if they want to complain about how they are getting paid.
    They can not charge you any late fees or penalties.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Don't ever be afraid to call your lawyer when you have questions. That's what you're paying him for is to advise you. It could be any number of things -- an oversight by the trustee or maybe the mortgage company hasn't filed a proof of claim yet. If they don't, your attorney needs to be on top of the ball enough to file one for them.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

If your actual monthly mortgage payment is a "conduit" payment through the Plan, as opposed to simply curing the arrears, depending upon local rules, payments to your lender should have begun the month after filing. You need to immediately contact your attorney to find out the normal procedure. Conduit payments are nothing more than a way to line a Trustee's pocket (Trustees make a ton in fees to disburse the payments) and, if the lender is not getting its regular going forward mortgage payments it will seek to lift the stay.

If your actual monthly payment is not a “conduit” payment then you should have resumed payments directly to the lender the month after filing.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
          Conduit payments are nothing more than a way to line a Trustee's pocket (Trustees make a ton in fees to disburse the payments) and, if the lender is not getting its regular going forward mortgage payments it will seek to lift the stay.
          I agree! I was just mentioning this in another thread where my Trustee (Chapter 13) was making over $700/month due to a $5,000/month conduit mortgage payment!!!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X