We....are....discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We....are....discharged!

PACER shows our official discharge decree was posted on August 10, and yesterday we received the snail mail printout along with a lovely letter from our wonderful bk lawyer. After five long years, it seems unreal but we are finally, absolutely, no-doubt-at-all, officially DONE! We are the sole captains of our financial ship once again.

We've learned so many important financial and life lessons over the last five years that we most definitely will carry forward for the rest of our financial lives.

I've met thousands of wonderful people here in the forums over the last five and half years. My most sincere thanks to everyone who has been there when we needed your advice and reassurance most. BK Forum is an incredibly special place that really can and does change people's lives for the better.

I intend to continue sharing our hard-earned pre-, during-, and post-bk and Ch 13 lessons with others here just as so many experienced 13ers have shared theirs with me.

For each of you still in the dark, long tunnel of Ch 13, there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, keep your head down, whenver possible stay under your trustee's radar, make all your 13 payments on time, keep your attorney well-informed about any significant changes in your finances and/or living situation, and your discharge can surely happen too!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

HUGE conga-rats!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Yay for you! Only 50 months left for me...

You're right about paying on time and staying under the radar - smooth sailing so far.

Congrats and enjoy!

--13for60
      Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
      341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Conrrats!
        Filed Chap 13 12/13/09
        First payment 1/1/2010
        341 1/13/2010
        Confirmation scheduled 2/9/2010

Comment

Hey!!! lrprn, its ABOUT time!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! This couldn't happen to a nicer moderator that took a couple of little lost orphans under her wing three years ago. YEA!!!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hey, this orphan needs to be counted in: Grats LRPRN. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Yay lrprn!! I borrowed from your post and Walt Whitman...

"O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
                The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won!!"

YOU DID IT!! Yay!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations! I know you are happy and relieved! I know you have been a big help to me on this forum from your input on mine as well as everyone on here. I read everything several times a week even though we are plugging away at our CH 13. It kind of gives you moral support, and you see how others are succeeding. Makes me think we can get through it too! Thanks again for all your input!
                  Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
                  1% to unsecured creditors
                  25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

I cannot tell you how excited I am for you!! The timeframe from last payment to discharge was very quick! (10 weeks here, and still no sign of a discharge. We were told it could take 5 months.)
                    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Congradulations!!!!!!!

Comment

congrats lrprn!

Comment

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! a closed 13...now that is an accomplishment!!

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats!
                            Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Big Congrates on your well deserved discharge.. fantastic for you.. according to our chat13 data site are case closed 6/30/2011, last disbursement was 7/13/2011 and it is still under discharge pending as of today which is 8/15/2011 so its been about 8 weeks now. Not sure why the lengthy time, perhaps courts are bogged up here in Michigan. Cant wait to get the hard copy in the mail.. Congrats again and yahoo. pat your self on the back for a job well done... dancing the dance.. smile smile : )
                              Chapter13
                              100% unsecured/secured payback
                              "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X