Finding an end to chapter 13 plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding an end to chapter 13 plan

My case was filed on November 30, 2006 which means the end should be near?
    We still owe money but my lawyer said that in the state of Ohio that the plan can go until the confirmation date which was April 7, 2007.

I just need some information on how will I know that the case will end soon. We've paid nearly $70,000 into the plan. The original debt was 100K at 80%. Due to the loss of my job our plan was modified to 55%. Shouldn't the plan to be paid off already? I'm confused by all of this. We did have some snags along the way namely we owed money to the IRS around 10K. So the amount was added to our plan, but still we paid the IRS off already.

Can the plan take another 6 months to pay off? Should I contact the Trustee to see when the date will be? I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though! 5 years and nearly 70K later. Thanks.

When your case is less than 100% payoff, it's not the amount of dollars you pay in, it's the number of payments made.

How many payments did your original plan and your modified plan call for? (In most five-year plans it's 60 payments.)

Have you checked your trustee's website at 13Network or 13DataCenter to see your Ch 13 payment documentation? You can see how many payments the trustee has received and how many more payments are expected there.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I thought Michigan was the only state that started the payment countdown using the confirmation date, but if your attorney told you that your plan could go to the anniversary of your confirmation date, it sounds like Ohio may be another. As Lrprn stated, don't worry so much about the amount you have paid in to the plan. If I'm not mistaken 13DataCenter has an estimated date in the "profile" section (look on the left) for expiration of plan. That may give you an idea of whether you are going to finish up soon. Good luck and let us know how it turns out please.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Pull out your Plan order when your Plan was confirmed and review - it will spell out everything you need to know. It sounds like your Plan was modified or changed along the way somewhere which may have altered a few things but if I were you, I would contact your attorney for a more descriptive answer than what he gave you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X