Important Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Question

I filed for Chapter 13 on 7/30/2010 and confirmed on 1/18/2011.

Bank of America is claiming they have received a case closed order dated and filed on 10/10/2011.

I checked with my trustee's office as well as my attorney and both concurred that no order has been filed, nor do they have any idea how BOA would have received such an order. BOA has been calling looking for past due mortgage payments, I am not behind and they are threatening foreclosure. My attorney advised to record the calls and keep good records of calls and any written communication. Has this happened to anyone else on this forum? My attorney says that BOA does this sometimes and to let them hang themselves.

Any suggestions or comments will help ease the jitters.

Follow your attorney's advice.

Comment

Start the recorder and save all the bills and correspondence. If your lawyer is willing to take BOA on, enjoy getting $1,000 for every single time they violate your stay with a letter or a phone call asking you to pay your debt
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You are dealing with B of A. That "institution" is so screwed up. Someone probably has your case confused with someone else’s. Do as your attorney suggested. Document everything.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X