No announcement yet.

WHOO HOO IT's over!!!!Yeah~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the successful completion of your bankruptcy. I made my last payment in September and the payment showed up on pacer but those words do not appear. In fact I had to pay oct payment and still have heard nothing. I checked the data center and they finished making payments in september. oct no payments were made and there's like over $900 in our account. I'm in eastern virginia so maybe they are different. So far we have overpaid the base amount. does anyone know how long it takes to complete this? I get no answer from the lawyer AGAIN! i guess i keep paying it till the end of time!
    12/19/06 Chapter 13
    1/22/07 341 Meeting
    3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
    6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

I would think if your plan ended in September and no distributions were made in October and you have a credit then maybe you might get what you overpaid refunded? I agree that you should just keep paying until someone says you are discharged.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by wooisme View Post
        So far we have overpaid the base amount. does anyone know how long it takes to complete this? I get no answer from the lawyer AGAIN!
        You didn't say how you were trying to reach your lawyer. If you are leaving one phone message or sending one email, chances are they are getting lost in the shuffle. You aren't the only one of your lawyer's clients trying to get or share information.

To get the answers you deserve you either need to get more assertive by calling every day or sending an email every day until you get an answer, or setting up an appointment in the office for a face-to-face meeting asap.

You are correct - you do need to keep making payments until you are notified in writing by the court that all plan payments have been received. Your trustee then needs to complete the required case audit as well.

Any extra money you've paid in beyond what is required by your plan will be refunded to you at the end of the audit as soon as the trustee tells the court the audit is complete and your case can be discharged.

i guess i keep paying it till the end of time!
        No, just until you are discharged. But it can feel like a eternity after paying every month for such a long. long time. Hang in there! You *WILL* be discharged. Every trustee and local court moves at its own pace. If you can ever get your lawyer's ear, he/she can likely tell you about how long the process takes in your local area.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget