Income increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income increase

I have a question... I know that most trustees look at signifigant increases in yearly income, but what if your hourly rate stays under a 3% increase but you have a signifigant increase in tip income. Tips are never guaranteed but the hourly rate is always guaranteed. Is there a possibility the tip income will effect the plan? I dont want the payment to increase signifigantly and then my tip income goes back down again and not be able to make the payment.

3 years in and no problems so far..... The end is in sight and I don't want to get off track.
    Filed: 3/04/2009
    341 Meeting: 4/20/2009 Confirmed: 5/15/09
    $25,000 Unsecured Debt/$11,500 Secured Claims
    $214/month for 60 months 0% Plan

How your trustee may react to a tips increase really depends on the trustee's customs plus your disposable income and plan. Give your lawyer a call or send an email to get his/her opinion.

Frankly, 95% of trustees don't pay much attention to increases in any kind of income unless the increase is over 10% and long-lasting/permanent. Your tips are unreliable from month to month, and most trustees won't go after anything that isn't "easy" and snags them or your creditors a significant payback. That seems very unlikely in your case.

The extra nickels and dimes we 13ers tend to worry about aren't even a blip on a trustee's income radar. Keep making your payments on time every month and you won't hear from the vast majority of trustees no matter what happens to your income over the life of your plan.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Note that when there is any financial change during your Plan years as to any increase in income, etc., check with your attorney as to what, if anything, you will need to do or supply. Your financnial house is not under your control during your Plan - you are under the control of the Trustee. If you are required to supply tax return copies to your trustee each year during your Plan and you do not provide any information as to any income increases or other financial transactions, it could put you in a bad position. If you play by the rules and fly low under the radar during your Plan, and consult with your attorney as to any financial questions, you will successfully complete your plan and not run into any issues.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X