Moment of Panic - Mail from the Chap 13 Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moment of Panic - Mail from the Chap 13 Trustee

Looking through the mail, I saw the Trustee's return address. My stomach sank. "Oh no", I think to myself, "did she decide she wants to start reviewing everybody's tax returns every year? Is she going to take the tax refund I was going to use to buy the materials to replace my crumbling bath wall? Is she going to want to increase my payment because of the 2 small raises I received since filing?"

Nervously, I open the envelope. Whew! It's just the annual statement showing the payments I made in 2011 and how they were disbursed.

Don't panic when you see that return address!

Plans to tear out the bath tub wall next weekend are on! Hopefully the studs aren't rotting. Wish me luck!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Best of good luck!!! (with the tub :-)

Comment

I know that feeling, I also get it when I get a letter from my attorney. My home equity loan decreases a couple of $ every month and Chase likes to send the payment updates to the trustee and my attorney.

24 payments done!
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Everytime I get mail from the trustee or our attorney, I get knots in my stomach.

Comment

Yeah, those letters from the trustee can be scary. But just as bad are those unavailable toll free numbers that still sometimes come up on my caller id. It's like sudden flashback. Then I answer, and it's usually somebody like the public library telling me my book order is in. :-)

Comment

We received a statement letter from our trustee every six months throughout our five-year plan detailing on paper our payments and his disbursements to each of our creditors who made a claim. And still, even knowing this letter was coming twice a year, my heart raced with a massive shot of adrenaline fearing the worst every single time I found the envelope in our mail (although the shock did finally get a little less by the time we received letter eight during year five )
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who gets that "OMG I'm gonna be sick" feeling when I see "Office of the Chapter 13 Trustee" on an envelope!

Hey Lady...want me to make a pitcher while you re-do your bathroom? Nice to "see" you again dear!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                Best of good luck!!! (with the tub :-)
                Thanks. We'll need it.

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                Hey Lady...want me to make a pitcher while you re-do your bathroom? Nice to "see" you again dear!
                Good to see you too. A pitcher would be lovely.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes, just finished up 11 months and am not sure of the protocol, so when we got ours, I was a bit jarred. My husband got a $4 an hour pay raise, I consider that little I still consider getting a p.o. box cause I am paranoid.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X