cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cigarettes

Can you really claim cigarettes? Where would that go is that a extra expense? Just wondering I didn't mention I smoked but maybe I should. I also didn't say anything about money for lunches ex coffee or soda they can add up. What do you think? Should I just let it be? Figured I would just not buy anything. Put 200 for house maint wonder if that will fly. Always something going wrong. Did anyone get this allowed?

I assume either listing as.. addiction or luxury spending category.. but not life necessity? Take your pick

Comment

In the past many of our forum members have posted that they were allowed to include the costs of cigarettes in their legitimate expenses when they filed. Talk to your lawyer to see what to expect in your local court with your trustees when you file.

You need to list EVERY LEGITIMATE EXPENSE when you file. That includes lunches, coffee, soda, and any other food which you routinely take in. It also includes things you may have been putting off trying to avoid filing - things like car repairs, clothing, and medical and dental expenses. Make an estimate of what you would typically pay for your expenses, even if you haven't been spending at that level for the last year or so. It's your lawyer's job to ensure that what you are asking for will pass the trustee's and court's usual standards.

It sounds like it's time to have a serious talk with your lawyer to find out what's going to be allowed in your local court and what isn't. This is not the time to look frugal. You are putting together a plan that has to work for five long years. Unless you are prepared to quit smoking and never eat lunch, you need to give these expenses and any others like them to your lawyer so he/she can maximize your legitimate expenses *BEFORE* you file.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I smoke as well and put down the amount in entertainment and personal care totaling $200. I also put $250 for food and since I live alone my lunches are included there as well as any pop. My personal care is $100 and I'd never spend that in a month. I buy cheap shampoo and other stuff. The most expensive thing I buy is makeup and that is just cover girl but it still is expensive in my eyes. 13.00 for foundation is a lot to me! It all works out in the end.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

We put our vices (beer and wine) into our groceries column, and entertainment column, though we did not itemize. We weren't told we had to by our attorney, or by the credit counselor we saw for our pre-filing course.

Good wishes to you!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            We put our vices (beer and wine) into our groceries column, and entertainment column, though we did not itemize. We weren't told we had to by our attorney, or by the credit counselor we saw for our pre-filing course.

Good wishes to you!
            what vices??? you and hub don't have any vices do you ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny and we never added by grey goose because i couldn't afford it until way after we filed!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Gee didn't even think about the sky vodka well actually these days its jaquins 8.95 maybe once a month.

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
                Gee didn't even think about the sky vodka well actually these days its jaquins 8.95 maybe once a month.
                ahhhhhhhhhh..jaquins. one does NOT want to incur any more medical bills by ripping out one's tummy...LOL!! (just kidding i'm certain it must be wonderful )
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X