Stopping to say hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping to say hello

It's been a while since I stopped by with an update. We have 31 months in 17 more to go. We are making it. Some days it feels like we are in prison. For some reason it feels more like that now that our time is nearing an end.

We've learned so much about self restraint, budgeting and doing without..I would not trade those lessons for anything.

We downsized last year, it has helped open up a little more cash flow, but we are looking forward to being done and moving back to something that fits our family better. It won't be out of our price range that's for sure, but it will be bigger than the 750Sq THE 4 of us live in now!

If you are new to this process, don't let it get you down, in the end it will all be worth it.

Take Care,

Dumb
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Obviously it's time to change your forum username, because you have definitely grown way beyond "Dumb Again"! When you said, "We've learned so much about self restraint, budgeting and doing without..I would not trade those lessons for anything." - that's the unexpected silver lining to filing Ch 13. It's amazing how learning (or re-learning) strong fiscal self-discipline brings such satisfied, positive feelings that most of us haven't felt for a very long time before finally filing.

Congratulations to the two of you for your hard-earned successes and may your remaining Ch 13 months pass quickly and quietly. You'll be at discharge before you know it!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

There are hamsters in training right now for your dance of Victory.

I would not have had it any other way for what I have learned. Even the bad fortune we learned by. The school of hard knocks is not really a bad thing. You learn your lessons better and don't usually have to go for a Masters degree in it.

'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I've always stated in this forum that a Chapter 13 is the best budget teacher in the world and also teaches many other things as you list in your posting. What we learn is priceless. Hang in there - the best is yet to come!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X