Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

Still cannot believe it, but our attorney emailed today with the Discharge!!!!!

A hearing was scheduled for a week from today, but he said that will most likely be cancelled. The case will still have to be closed, but that is administrative, as we have the Discharge in hand!

This is how events transpired for us here in the Western District of Pennsylvania:

At some point along the way, our case was extended from 41 months to 42 and the plan base was increased by one payment. We still do not know why.

We made our last payment in February. Our Closing Date on 13Network was always given as 3/6/12.

After 3/6/12, we and all creditors received the Notice of Claims Filed and Intention to Pay Claims. Creditors had 25 days to respond to this Notice.

The last disbursement up to this point had been made in December 2011. After the 25 days was up, the Trustee divided up the $2400 still in our account and paid it to the unsecured creditors. This was a little over 3% paid to the unsecured.

We then received the Order stating that our final hearing was set for 6/6/12 and our Certificates of Eligibility for Discharge, which we had to sign and return.

Then today, we received the Order Approving Fianl Report and the Discharge Order.

So, we are officially done according to our attorney!!!!!

PACER shows the Discharge as filed, but 13Network has still not been updated.

We filed in June 2008 and had a 42 month plan.

I am so excited and ready to go buy a new car!!!!! (We have been saving a nice down payment!)

Thanks for all who offered support and answered questions here!!!!

Congrats on your discharge! Completing a Chapter 13 is such an accomplishment!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!
      Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
      Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! A Chapter 13 Discharge Party!!!! Enjoy your new start. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats to you and your family!!

Comment

yay! Another Ch. 13 completed Congrats!

Comment

Thank you all! I am still on cloud 9. I could barely sleep last night. I think it will take a few days to really sink in!

Comment

congrats on the discharge! 9 more payments to go for me and I will be on my way to getting my discharge. I can't wait!!

Comment

Alright its another chapter 13 party. Congrats!

I can't wait for mine either....I have 6 more payments left on a 60 month plan.
                  Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

Awsome. Thank you for sharing this cause I realy needed to read today. Thank You!

Comment

You are very welcome! There is hope! Just hang in there. People don't talk about the emotional toll a lot. There were times it felt like it was going to last forever. There were times I couldn't take people's judgment against me. I am not kidding that it is just all business and it is all easy. No one wants something like this. But when we end up in trials like this, we have to make the best of it, not worry too much. Take one day at a time. Still enjoy your family and your life. People and relationships are much more important than money.

It does come to an end. It has hardly sunk in to me yet! I did go buy a car. We had saved money for a good down payment. We got a much better interest rate than what we expected. Now I don't have to worry about my old Jeep breaking down anymore. That is a great feeling!

Financial troubles come and go in life just as other troubles do. I hope we have learned to be more careful of issues we didn't think about before--such as a housing collapse!!!! You can do your best, but you can never plan for everything. I will live to do my best and let God control the rest!

Comment

Well said, Siftedlikewheat!
                        Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
                        Case Confirmed 12/10/07
                        59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X