top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am not a loser for filing a Chapter 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a loser for filing a Chapter 13!

I am so sick and tired of my fiance calling me a loser for filing a Chapter 13. I had a thriving business before the economy went sour and the business went under. I found a low paying job (whch I was grateful for) and just could not pay the bills with that job so that is why I filed.

Yes, I was living above my means but I have learned a valuable lesson from that and will never do it again. I have found out I like (no make that love) paying cash for everything I need to buy now. It feels good to walk into the grocery store (or any store for that matter) and whip out the cash and not the credit card to pay for the items I just bought.

I have 3700.00 left on my plan and then I will be done. And you know what I have that amount saved and put away so I am going to make it through my 13. It is going to feel so good when I am done and can say to my fiance guess what I am debt free.

Meanwhle I watch him sink further and further into debt. He maxes out one credit card and applies for a new one and then starts maxing that one out. I have to admit I kind of am enjoying watching it happen. Cause when I get my discharge I am packing up and moving out on this A-Hole and ending the engagement and starting my new life without him. And I am going to do it with a smile on my face and with pride.

My credit score just went up 15 points and I am nearing the 700 mark on that so things are looking up. I was at 750 when I filed and had never had a late payment in my life on any bills so that was a hard pill for me to swallow. But I lived through it and am still glad I filed my 13.

I am not sure when I can buy a house of my own but I have been looking at some cheaper homes on the internet near where I live and yes they are small 2 bedroom 1 bath homes but that is all I need and they go for around 13000.00 so I could afford something like that.

All in all I feel good about myself and what I am accomplishing and nobody is going to say I am a loser because I did what I had to do. And it turned out to be the right thing for me. I am doing so much better now than before I filed. I am NOT a loser.

Could it be that perhaps I am seeing a Chapter 13 in my fiances future??? I would laugh until I almost pee myself if that happened but I would so enjoy seeing that happen to him since he feels he is above it all. Perhaps Karma is coming his way!!

Ditch the fiance now, before its to late.

Comment

You go girl!!! I'd recommend ditching him now also. He is not a partner for you nor your soul mate. True soul mates are understanding and supportive. Get away from that negativity now.

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
        +1

If this is how s/he's acting now - it's not going to get any better once married

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
          Why you still keeping that loser? He's got to go!

It's only going to get worse...........
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Ummm... yeah.
            That credit thing he's doing... we've all BTDT.... he's headed down the same road. Just don't let him drag you back down it.
            Some people just need to learn everything for themselves.
            And HELL NO-- you are NOT a loser!
            Frankly my dear... you deserve better.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Definition: concrete brain: When ones brain is thoroghly mixed and permanently set. Yours is fine but your fiance's may fit the definition and it will not get better. I agree with above, sounds like you can do much better.

Congratulations on your almost completed BK13!
              Lawyer - $3000
              Filing fee - $299
              Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Why wait to dump him? Unless of course, you are using him for the feasibility of your plan +savings. In that case, if you can tolerate the jerk, yeah... I would wait too lol. But then, when you leave, don't talk. Don't leave a note or any trace of yourself behind. Just the keys on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                  Why wait to dump him? Unless of course, you are using him for the feasibility of your plan +savings. In that case, if you can tolerate the jerk, yeah... I would wait too lol. But then, when you leave, don't talk. Don't leave a note or any trace of yourself behind. Just the keys on the table.
                  Yes that is the reason I am staying until my discharge. So I can save, save and save some more. And I do plan on just leaving and not saying goodbye to him. I know better than to marry the guy. I don't want to be responsible for any of his debt he is racking up. For now I am acting like everything is just hunky dory and walking around like I am the happiest person alive. But that is due to my plan of action in the future and being debt free.

Comment

Your post absolutely brings tears to my eyes. You go girl. I am so proud of you. Ditch the loser... I mean the fiance. Never forget that you are better than this and you deserve better than him. Thanks for posting.
                    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                      Your post absolutely brings tears to my eyes. You go girl. I am so proud of you. Ditch the loser... I mean the fiance. Never forget that you are better than this and you deserve better than him. Thanks for posting.
                      Thank you so much! It is so nice to hear that others are proud of me too.

Comment

I don't know you, but I am so proud of you. I am a mother to daughters and I say "go girl" - cannot wait for you to get out and never look back.

Way to go!

Comment

Just need to and my atta girl better your found out now what a scumbag he is then when you were married.

Comment

Guys like that give the rest of us a bad name.

Comment

Oh, angel! I was getting so mad reading your post and then got to the part where you're going to walk away soon - yay!

You are to be commended for (1) being brave and starting a business, (2) doing what's necessary - the Ch13 - to deal with the aftermath of this economy, and (3) putting up with this abuse as long as you have for the ultimate goal of freedom.

I am here to tell you that it does NOT get better. I've been married 10 years. I have realized that my husband's hostility toward me since our bankruptcy (2 years ago) isn't going away; I thought it was just normal crankiness and anxiety for the situation. Maybe it was, but it's something else now. And it's no excuse for treating a spouse with contempt.

I'll get out eventually, too, but in the meantime I am cheering for you!
                              Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X