top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am not a loser for filing a Chapter 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kudos also to Angel and SweetGeorgia. Stay strong, and get out of there. You both deserve much better than what you are dealing with now.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Your "fiance" must have been calling you a loser for a long time if you have only $3700 left to pay on your Plan. Or, he became your "fiance" after you had already been in your Plan for some time, in which case he should not have become your "fiance" of his own free will. That would make you slightly disingenuous, but certainly no "loser". You should have walked away long ago.
      Wait 'til you try to leave him without his knowing about it. That's when things will get really interesting.

Comment

I realize you didn't come here for personal advise, but I personally would not stay in a relationship with ANYONE who called me a 'loser' regardless of the reason.
        ~Staci
        Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
          Yes that is the reason I am staying until my discharge. So I can save, save and save some more. And I do plan on just leaving and not saying goodbye to him. I know better than to marry the guy. I don't want to be responsible for any of his debt he is racking up. For now I am acting like everything is just hunky dory and walking around like I am the happiest person alive. But that is due to my plan of action in the future and being debt free.
          This reminds me of a story someone told me. There was this woman wanting to divorce her husband and I guess they worked opposite shifts, her day, he night, so they didn't see each other much. She stayed for a year saving up money to leave him. So I understand why you aren't running out the door now. I know it's hard to get used to having to live on your own and pay all the bills yourself when you've been sharing that obligation with someone else.

Comment

UPDATE!

Fiance got a collection call last week. He is 10 days late on a payment. His hours at work have been cut drastically and he is having trouble paying all his bills now. He asked me for gas money last week. I gave it to him just so he can get to work. He got his paycheck yesterday and he does not have enough to cover his bills for the week. I will give him gas money again but will NOT help pay his bills.

He is in a very bad mood now because of the loss of income. I hate to even be around him. Do I need to notify my attorney if I want to start looking for a different place to live?

I am making sure I do not leave any cash lying around the house for fear he will take it and that will leave me cash strapped then.

This is only going to get worse now since he has lost alot of income and I really feel I need to leave soon. It is for my own good.

Comment

Ain't karma a beeyotch sometimes ?
              Hang in there and hugs.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Too bad you aren't already gone from his place, now of course he will accuse you of deserting when things got bad...

Find a place with a friend or relative, whatever you have to do. In cases like this it's always better to try to end it in a civilized way, but be prepared and begin moving your stuff when he's not there, sorry to say this sometimes is wise. Don't let him know you have anything to spare, you'll be better off.

Comment

Angel I was going to response to your original post & then saw today's update. As others said to you back in June--1. you have proven NOT to be a "loser" & you are making your payments on time & have learned with your Chapter 13--good for you girl! 2. You can see that you are in a no win situation, he will make your time with him absolutely miserable & a living HELL. The happier you are the angrier he is going to get. The time has come to think about yourself. Get a Safe Deposit Box ASAP and put that money away so he cannot find it. Call your Attorney Monday morning & explain that you have to get out of there, this is for your safety. You haven't said, but I am assuming that you do not have a Wedding date set?

My husband and I are just starting our 13 & animosity to one another would not be tolerated even if it were only one of us filing.

Sweet Georgia thinking of you & sending positive thoughts for you to get out of your situation soon.
                  Last edited by Sammie; 08-11-2012, 10:49 AM.
                  Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

You need to move out like yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                      I agree. Get out of the toxic situation. You don't need that kind of energy. Contacting your attorney isn't the priority. Get yourself moved out first, then call your attorney about your changed circumstances.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                        Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        I agree. Get out of the toxic situation. You don't need that kind of energy.
                        Thirded.

Comment

Oh goodness! I agree with everyone else GET OUT! That's crazy. You are doing great and you don't need the negativity in your life. While leaving have the attorney on the phone and let them know what is going on and get out. Hide any extra cash you may have because once he finds out he will grab it or "sweet talk" you into giving it to him so that he can live. And yes Karma is a B*tch! Good for you for learning from your mis-management (would say mistakes but I think you have more than owned up to them).
                          Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
                          10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

I hope things are better for you, and hope tha you are no longer being called a loser.

Comment

Yes, please give us an update on your situation. I hope you will have found another place to live by now, and are giving him the cold shoulder--especially when he comes whining to you, wanting money, after the way he treated you.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X