Payroll deduction trustee payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll deduction trustee payment question

My Ch 13 was filed in May of this year, and I made the 1st payment to the trustee in June on my own. Payments since then have been deducted automatically as a payroll deduction (1/2 each pay period to total $825 each month). This month there are 3 pay periods. Does anyone know how that is handled? Can I expect to take home more money this next paycheck? Or will a payment be deducted anyway?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm good question. This I am not sure of, but my trustee based everything off of monthly amounts so no matter how many times I was paid in a month $XXX was due to them. Maybe you'll get lucky and have an extra piece of change this month. Why don't you ask your payroll department what they are going to do? I'm sure that they can answer your question quickly and concisely Good luck!
    Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

We just filed for Chapter 13 in Ohio. The repayment plan we're on is around $900 per month. I get paid every 2 weeks, so that means for me, I get 26 pays a per year instead of 24. The payment will be around $415 per check. so In my case, it was figured over a certain amount of pay periods per year, and not just a flat monthly amount. not sure if that really answers your question or not, because it could be different for you.

Comment

If it works anything like benefits then the third check within the calender month would be a holiday for you, but then again it may all be divided by 26 pay periods as Stixx explained on his.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Until last year, I no deduction came from the third check in a month, Doubled mt take home pay twice a year. I changed companies, and the new company takes it from every check, even though the order says first two checks of the month. At first I was upset, but at least it will pay off sooner. However, I'm in 100% plan, so if you are less than 100%, talk to your company, because withholding the third check would just be money wasted for you.

Comment

I get paid 26 times per year; You will have to pay 26 times per year, if you are every 2 weeks; Take how much your montly payment is per your agreement and multiply by 12 then divide by 26; You'll know to the penny how much each payment will be;

ie... 900 per month X 12 = 10800 divided by 26 = 415.38; Have a nice day;

Comment

The extra pay periods should have been taken into consideration when the plan was drafted. As you can see by the different answers by others with 26 pay periods, how it is handled varies. Look at your confirmed plan to see if the answer to your question is there. If not, ask your attorney.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just trying to get 15 posts so I can ask a ??.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Originally posted by alli View Post
                    Just trying to get 15 posts so I can ask a ??.
                    You can ask a question! Please stop posting because you could be banned. Try searching to a similar topic and try not to restart a thread that has had no activity for months.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by indy4wins View Post
                      I get paid 26 times per year; You will have to pay 26 times per year, if you are every 2 weeks; Take how much your montly payment is per your agreement and multiply by 12 then divide by 26; You'll know to the penny how much each payment will be;

ie... 900 per month X 12 = 10800 divided by 26 = 415.38; Have a nice day;
                      My order is for $825/month. So far $412.50 has been deducted each paycheck without variation. I'm really hoping this will be like benefits since I'll be moving next weekend and every little extra bit of $ will help.

Comment

i was in the same situation with 26 pay periods the extra payments will still be deducted. my trustee used the extra funds to pay extra on my mortgage arears.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X