It's Over....For The Most Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Over....For The Most Part

I sent my 54th and final payment to the trustee, and it posted on 08/21/2012. My plan duration was 4.5 years.

On 08/25/2012, I went to my attorney's office and signed the Motion In Support Of Discharge, which is a document stating that Domestic Support obligations, if any, are up to date. I have no DSO's. I had already filed the document concerning completion of the Financial Management course.

Today, 09/07/2012, I logged in to 13DataCenter. My case status shows: Complete. The Date Closed shows: 09/06/2012.

Now, it is a matter of waiting for the audit to finish and the BK Court to issue the discharge.

All of the money in the plan base has not yet been distributed to my creditors, so I imagine that the "audit" (so-called) has only to do with the trustee's internal handling of distributions to each creditor, and nothing to do with the debtor's compliance with the stipulations of the Chapter 13 plan.

I have an extra $311 per month to spend now. Wow. I will not celebrate until I have the Discharge document in hand.

That's great news! We will celebrate with you!
    The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Congratulations!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats! It must be an awesome feeling.

Comment

Lucky you! I cant wait to say that!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats!! An extra $311 per month!

Splurge time

In all seriousness though, I have an extra $450 per month now and I am in no hurry to go spend it. Living on a strict budget for 5 1/2 years kind of made me a lot more conscious about how I spend my money. I think my extra cash just may sleep in the bank and build up for awhile .
            Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

I know I sound like a broken record, but there is nothing quite like a successful Chapter 13 completion! Congratulations on a job well done.

Now, let's just get the pesky discharge out of the day and those crazy hamsters should give you a real good show.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Chilling a bottle of wine right now to prepare for the celebration.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Good news for sure. Keep us posted.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Great News

Comment

Congrats kornell - long time in coming

Comment

The hamsters are waiting for you. They are alive and well
                        Chapter 13ner

Comment

Wow - guess what? The trustee sent me a check for $311 dollars. You want to know what that check was for? Several months ago, one of my Chapter 13 payments - sent to the lock box in Memphis, TN - was somehow temporarily lost or mishandled. In order to prevent a possible motion for dismissal of my case for non-payment, I doubled the payment for the next month and sent it in early, as a gesture to assure the trustee that I remained in strict compliance with the terms of my plan. The "lost" payment was finally accounted for one day before the double payment for the next month was also accounted for. When my plan was completed and closed on 09/06/2012, there was $311 more in my plan base than was stipulated as being owed. I even told the trustee that, with respect to the overage in my plan base, I was not interested in recovering the overage. The trustee was not the slightest bit interested in my sentiments concerning the overage and he sent it back to me. In actuality, the auditors noted that the balance in my "pot base" exceeded the stipulated amount by $311 and it was refunded. After all is said and done, the specified amount owed in the Chapter 13 confirmation document is the only amount that matters.

The actions of the trustee still weigh heavily upon my mind, however. The official letter I received telling me that my case was closed also stated that it could take up to 120 days to receive the discharge. I feel confident that it will take much less time than that. Having to wait 4 more months could have an impact upon my plans. Aaahhh....the best laid plans of mice and men.....

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                            In actuality, the auditors noted that the balance in my "pot base" exceeded the stipulated amount by $311 and it was refunded. After all is said and done, the specified amount owed in the Chapter 13 confirmation document is the only amount that matters.
                            The plan, the paperwork, the final accounting. It all must balance.

That $311.00 got the trustee out of final balance.

Time to let the checks clear and the dust settle, and you'll be finished soon!
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hi Kornellred:

Can you please give me a timeline up to this point of what has happened; Because I had surrendered property, my case must go the applicable commitment period of 5 years; With that said, my case is exactly 5 years old on 10/3/2012; I was told by the trustee that my audit is already done, and that they're waiting for this time to go by, so they can close the case after 10/3/2012; Can you tell me at what point did you get the letter about the stopping of payments; My payment is automatically being deducted, so if you wouldn't mind going over the timeline for your case from 8/21 until now, I would appreciate it; Thanks again;

My 13datacenter indicates "active - about to close"; Have a nice evening;

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X