Two to go-Anything I need to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two to go-Anything I need to know?

I have 2 payments left on my 36 month plan. Is there anything I need to know or do? I already did both of the financial courses before I was confirmed.

Looks like I'm gonna make it through. My lawyer worked out an excellent plan for me. I've had no problems getting the payments there on time. I never built up a safety savings, though, so I'm glad I didn't have any surprise emergencies. I did have to sell some of my stock holdings at various points though.
    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

I have two payments left as well. I called my atty the other day and he told me that once the last payment was made then there will be a form I need to complete something about child support (which does not apply to me) and then it will be about a month later I will get my discharge! Woo Hoo!!! Long 5 yrs for me. The first two years was rough getting used to the strict budget. I had some major car repairs but bonuses paid for that. Luckily the way my plan was written I didn't have to turn over any bonuses, increase in salary or tax refunds! I know I wouldn't have been able to do it if I had to give up that extra money throughout the 5 yrs. Good Luck to both of us as we start fresh!
    Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
    Case Confirmed 12/10/07
    59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

The best thing to do is to call your attorney and tell him you are near the end of the plan and ask what needs to be done to make sure you get your discharge.

Form B-23, DEBTOR’S CERTIFICATION OF COMPLETION OF POSTPETITION INSTRUCTIONAL
      COURSE CONCERNING PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, needs to be filed with the court before you make your last plan payment. http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul.../B_23_1210.pdf

Here's the form that Carter mentioned: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul...B_283_0410.pdf
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Once your payments are finished, the trustee will send you a letter via US mail telling you to stop making payments unless specifically instructed by your attorney to continue, and to present the letter to your employer as evidence that you have completed the payment plan if your payments are made via wage deduction. You will have submitted the two forms specified in the above responses.
        Then, it is a matter of waiting for the trustee to finish the distribution of funds in your plan base and filing a motion in support of discharge (not the name of the form used) after the internal audit of your case. Your discharge will be issued by the bankruptcy court within 3-4 months of the completion of your plan, depending upon your trustee's case load.

Comment

I think that B23 form was submitted before I filed. I see something in my Pacer printout that says "Pre-Confirmation Certification of Compliance with Post Petition Obligations" was filed. I can check all the actual filing papers tonight and see if that was one of them.

Thanks for the information about what happens, I'll send an e-mail over to the attorney now. I don't want anything to take any longer then it has to.
          Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
          341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
          $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

Neither the debtor nor the debtor's attorney will be able to influence the trustee with reference to the amount of time it takes to audit a completed case and file the appropriate paperwork with the bankruptcy court. It will happen when it happens, and the name of the game is always "hurry up and wait".

Comment

How did you manage to do your financial course (last one to obtain a discharge) prior to confirmation? Usually you can only do the PRE course - and the other one should be done after confirmation - or at least that's what our lawyer told us. Of course, with anything, YMMV.

Be sure to double check that you actually have the certificates on file with your trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                How did you manage to do your financial course (last one to obtain a discharge) prior to confirmation? Usually you can only do the PRE course - and the other one should be done after confirmation - or at least that's what our lawyer told us. Of course, with anything, YMMV.

Be sure to double check that you actually have the certificates on file with your trustee.
                Hi Pandora.

Here in WA state, we can take the second course prior to confirmation. As a matter of fact when we were at our 341 meeting our lawyer told us to get it done ASAP - better earlier than later. We did it the next day. Both certiicates are in our pacer file.
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awesome! Wish we had that option - we had to wait 10 months after we filed (took 9 for confirmation).

Congrats on coming to the end of your plan - quite the accomplishment! Cant wait to be able to say the same thing!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X