Uh Oh! I got a letter in the mail yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Oh! I got a letter in the mail yesterday

Stating that I owe money to a company (which I COMPLETELY forgot!). This was not included in the petition. I dont know how that is going to work as we do not have the $5k to pay them off. Should I contact my atty to add it into the petition as they are threatening judgement on me? I hadn't heard from them since May of this year and totally forgot! Ugh!!! It was for repairs on the house back in April of 2011 that our insurance co. did not approve so we ended up having to pay out of pocket seeing as how the stupid company did not wait on the insurance to approve or deny the claim on our home. (yes it was for our roof, which really did need to be replaced but Nationwide stated that it was ok and would not need to be repaired for a few years yet!)

Geeeeze that is a mess! I had been working with them and paying them $100 a month while I was working but then I lost my job and well I didnt have the extra funds to pay them. I let them know this and they said to they would call each month to see if things had changed and well they stopped contacting me and then poof they hired an atty to collect the funds or send judgement. Grrrrr!!!!
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

This is not a big deal. Call your attny and he/she will do an amendment to Schedule F. Court charges $30 to file the amendment.

Des.

Comment

Exactly! Just have your attorney update your schedules. The question I would have, is this a secured debt with some sort of mechanics lien on the home (since you indicate it was for a roof)? If they do call you, just refer them to your "bankruptcy" attorney.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Got one of those demands when we were over 3 years into our plan. Initially we were told it was not our bill and not to worry about it, so we didn't. Couple of years go by and all of a sudden we owe such and such amount with interest and penalties because it hadn't been paid on time. However, when we questioned them about whether or not it was really our bill they got a bit stuffy and demanded that we pay. Informed them, also, that we were in a chapter 13 but that had no impact and was told that we will pay what is owed. No brainer then on what needed to be done. After a quick phone call to the atty office, mailed off info plus $26 and added them to the list. Now it's up to them to make a claim, which they haven't. Would have been more than willing to pay what was orginally owed, around $200, had they been civil and could prove that it was actually ours to pay. We did not add them in the begining because, as previously mentioned, we didn't know that we owed them anything. Now they may collect $65 or so if they decide to file a claim.
        Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Sorry I havent gotten back its been a NUTTY weekend! No Mechanics lien was put on the house that I know of. Nothing has been filed or even sent to us besides that letter from their atty to pay up or get a judgement. SO with that I am sending it over to the attys office today and informing their atty of the Bankruptcy.
          Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
          10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X