No announcement yet.

CH 13 Late Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My payment comes right out of my checking account every other Friday. I never have to worry about being late.

Comment

Originally posted by ccgirl View Post
      My payment comes right out of my checking account every other Friday. I never have to worry about being late.
      You're lucky you have a trustee who will allow that. Many trustees, like my own, only allow payroll deduction, cashier's check or money order.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You're lucky you have a trustee who will allow that. Many trustees, like my own, only allow payroll deduction, cashier's check or money order.
        I was kind of surprised myself. It was actually the only option my trustee gave me.

Comment

The only issue we have is paydays are a little wonky for us so its no more than 2 weeks late due to processing and payday. other than that we try to be right on time. We did have to work with a payment one time (car accident and had to pay a large deductible) but other than that we are on top of it! (two weeks late this month due to a major unexpected expense that we weren't prepared for......but....)
          Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
          10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

Yay!!! After this post I called my trustee's office to ask about EFT or ACH payments..not an option. She did however say that some banks will send a monthly payment on the debtor's behalf. I asked if that check had to be a cashier's check (which I'm doing now) and she said no. So I checked with my bank and sure enough they do bill pay. I set up the day I want it to be sent and they guarantee it will be where it's going in 5 days. The money is taken out of the account the day it's sent, threfore t's guaranteed funds. I always send my payment the 1st to ensure it's there by the 15th, so this is a major victory to me. I set it up today and the payment heads out tomorrow.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
              Yay!!! After this post I called my trustee's office to ask about EFT or ACH payments..not an option. She did however say that some banks will send a monthly payment on the debtor's behalf. I asked if that check had to be a cashier's check (which I'm doing now) and she said no. So I checked with my bank and sure enough they do bill pay. I set up the day I want it to be sent and they guarantee it will be where it's going in 5 days. The money is taken out of the account the day it's sent, threfore t's guaranteed funds. I always send my payment the 1st to ensure it's there by the 15th, so this is a major victory to me. I set it up today and the payment heads out tomorrow.
              That is good news!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X