Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

The actual paper came today; It's almost anticlimatic, as we've known it was coming since November (although still had to wait for final auditing, any objections, etc). It's been 60 months almost to the day of filing, 55 months of payments. Closed early due to $13,000 in claims not paid.
    We are now facing foreclosure process, but have been able to save some money, and, most likely another 6 months to prepare to move.
    I'm very grateful for this site and all the people and information available here....thank you all!
    And for those of you still in the process, don't give up, there is life after BK !

Yay! time to dig out my dancing shoes before the rock and rollers get DOWN!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Another dancing party can't wait

Comment

Congratulations...it has to feel good knowing no more trustee payments. Hopefully soon, everything else will fall in place for you.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations... Enjoy your freedom!!!!!!!!!
          Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
          Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Congratulations!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

congratulations! I hope to join you real soon. I'm in month 66 right now, have everything paid off but still waiting for the final audit as we are right now in the "pending review" phase. Hoping to get close to a grand refunded too, since the autopays continued for a few months after the plan was paid off. Going to be so happy to get this over with after 5 1/2 years!
                Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have a Chapter13 Discharge Party!!! Congratulations on a job well done! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

May I ask why a foreclosure is pending? I thought bk supposed to save the house!
                      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats! Still have 4 years to go. Can't wait to say the same.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Gongrats on the good news, but to bad about the house. Hope you come out like roses.
                            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally we wanted to keep the house, paying the mortgage outside the plan (but did not reaffirm) Couldn't manage both payments....got behind, made 3 attempts with different companies for a modification, but no luck (lender was HSBC). House became WAY underwater, 100k+ even now. Attny. advised against short sale or deed in lieu of....we would face foreclosure but if it wasn't going to be our forever home anyway it might be the better plan for us. It was a hard decision to make, esp for my husband and after all the stress of mod attempts. But it allowed us to get through the BK easier, save some money, and plan for our next, smaller house. We haven't rented for almost 30 years so it's a hard concept for us! But I'm almost looking forward to it..luckily we have a friend with a lot of rentals here in town and I think he'll have something for us.Trying to stay positive!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X