ch 13 in AZ why won't mortgage co cash our check? filed pro se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ch 13 in AZ why won't mortgage co cash our check? filed pro se

Chapter 13 in AZ hasn't been confirmed yet. It's been over 6 months. We've made every payment to the trustee and to the mortgage co. This last payment was delivered in person to the bank who holds the mortgage. Previous checks have cleared that same night. It's been two days and the check hasn't cleared yet. Does this mean anything? Nothing shows up on Pacer.

I wouldn't get worried about a two day delay. Call the branch where you made the payment and ask about it.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I would not worry either. If it doesn't post in 30 days, then you can attempt to figure out what is going on. If your plan is confirmed and they are provided for in the Plan, then they must accept the payments.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Plan isn't confirmed yet.

Comment

Just wait another couple of weeks before asking questions directly from the bankruptcy department at the bank. Otherwise, just keep documenting your payments and stay on time.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And don't worry about not being confirmed yet, I am in AZ as well ours took about a year for confirmation.

Comment

Could be something as simple as the person who processes payments is out sick. I wouldn't sweat it.
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X