top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed the finish line, waiting to stop running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed the finish line, waiting to stop running.

On Monday, I sent a cashier's check to the trustee, via overnight mail, for the final $230 owed to the plan. I did this knowing my check on Thursday was still going to have the normal $1125 garnished, but I wanted to make sure that my plan showed paid in full at the end of May. As of now, I have overpaid my 100% plan by $1125, and my attorney emailed the trustee to ask them to expedite stopping the wage directive so my June 7th check isn't garnished as well (we'll see).

Congratulations!!!! I hope your attorney is successful in stopping that payment (even though you'ld get a refund)..looks like it's going to be a great summer for you. Which part of WA state are you from? I'm in the Olympia area. Just wondering if we might have the same TT.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Tri-cities (trustee is in Spokane), but I live in Iowa now.

Comment

I am so glad that you worked with your attorney on this. I am so excited that we will soon have another Chapter 13 discharge party! Congratulations!

For others reading this, please do not ever send in "extra" money to the Trustee in advance, without speaking with your attorney! In some Districts, it would be considered "disposable" income, and just added to the base plan amount.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm in a 100% plan, so the only risk is waiting for it to be refunded, wasting the $20 to mail it, or somehow the trustee not acknowledging the payment. The post office confirmed delivery, but my case worker says no record as of Friday noon-ish. She stopped taking my calls around noon on Fri. Maybe the trustee in WA should have their mail sent to WA, and not a PO box in TN. They will probably rake my June 7th check too, as the only speed at that office is molasses. Still bent on the failure to respond to a refi request in 2010 before my rate lock expired, which as I've posted before, would have saved me a substantial amount every month in interest.

Comment

Having a Washington state trustee getting mail at a P O box in Tennessee, makes as much sense as me having to mail my monthly payment to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, to a P O box in Dallas, Texas.

Congratulations on having completed your plan. As soon as you get the official word, I'll be sending you your Hamster troupe!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-26-2013, 06:59 AM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on your success, but many here have stated that their trustee does not send a stop order until the checks clear. My fingers are crossed for your trustee to go ahead with it sooner than later. At any rate you will get it back, and maybe more than your realized.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I kept waiting for my trustee to stop the wage order but they took 3 extra months out before I finally got a stop order this weekend that I hustled over to the business office where I work first thing this morning since I knew they'd already be working on running Friday's payroll, which they were but hopefully I got it to them in time (the receptionist said they were already in the process of doing them, but since my last name starts with a Z it was possible that they didn't have mine done yet so keeping my fingers crossed...) I should be getting a nice refund check eventually tho.
                Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

My first refund check was just over $11,000! However, about $10,000 had to be sent immediately to my bank to pay my mortgage (which the Trustee was not paying).
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

woo hoo!! Received my letter last week, finished my class. My attorney sent in my last paperwork to get a discharge and I guess I now just wait for the discharge. So glad this is almost over. Was in Chapter 13 for 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaperk View Post
                      woo hoo!! Received my letter last week, finished my class. My attorney sent in my last paperwork to get a discharge and I guess I now just wait for the discharge. So glad this is almost over. Was in Chapter 13 for 3 years.
                      Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Checked PACER today, the order ceasing the wage directive is there! I emailed a copy to my corporate HR, now it's a race to see if they get it processed by COB Friday. I called the wife to let her know, and she pointed out that this is the first time since I've been in the plan (58 months) that we have had good news. Whew.

Comment

Congratulations again! Please enjoy that fresh start!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X