Thank you BKFORUM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you BKFORUM!

The last few years were rough with family members passing and aggressive treatment of hypertension having me in a daze half the time. But I checked my case on PACER as this month was to be my last in chapter 13 and I saw this wonder:

REPORT BY TRUSTEE OF COMPLETION
    OF PLAN PAYMENTS
    NOW COMES the Chapter 13 Trustee herein, *** , and
    certifies to the Court that the debtor(s) have completed their plan payments
    pursuant to the confirmed plan in this case and are entitled to receive their
    discharge at this time pursuant to Sec. 1328(a) of the Bankruptcy Code. Your
    trustee will proceed to close this case and file his “Final Report And
    Account” upon the clearing of all outstanding checks

It is amazing how this feels. There was even the directive sent to my employer to cease withholding. Really surprised the trustee did this without a request from my lawyer. I just got my certificate for the post debtor credit counseling, and notified my Attorney who says he will start the discharge request. Will have to look around to see if any other legal steps need to be done.

But I wanted to thank this wonderful BKforum for the insight and education which got me through the first stressful months 5 years ago saving me time and saving my sanity. I hope to continue to share my CH13 experiences and let people know there is light at the end of the tunnel and its not a train!
    May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
    Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
    Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

WOW...Congrats!!

Comment

Thank YOU for your thank you. Thank you also for sticking around to help those following in your footsteps!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Here's a little something extra to help start the weekend of your NEW Life:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The official discharge smiley will come later....
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Great job

Comment

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Awesome news.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats and great job! As we all ask, what was the hardest things for you to overcome and do you have any advice for those of us just starting the journey?
              Congrats! Happy dance!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I must say congratulations! I always appreciate a Chapter 13 discharge. In fact, I was just thinking about what it would be like had I stayed in my Chapter 13 beyond 2 years. Well, in a few weeks, I would be hearing the same news that you have just received!

Again, congratulations!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X